Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l.dubz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free Case Battery Indicator Not Working

I have had these Bose Soundsport Free for a couple months now and I use them regularly. For the first time today the outside battery indicator on the outside of the case just randomly stopped working. I cannot get it to come on in anyway. The case is fully charged and both lights for each headphone inside the case still work. I have tried updating to the newest firmware as well as charging the case from different usb cables. Wondering if there is some kind of hardware fault in this model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prince_O
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Case Battery Indicator Not Working

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello l.dubz,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry to hear that, as we have gone through all the troubleshooting steps explained in the community I would advise you get in touch with our team over the phone who will be able to go through extensive steps and if need be service your product for you.

To find the contact information for your country of residence, click on the here. Choose your country of residence, then click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards.

Prince  O

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Prince_O
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello l.dubz,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Soundsport Free headphones

I would recommend resetting your product by following these steps:

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

You also did mention updating your product, you can do it manually vis a USB cable by clicking HERE.

Try and test the above, let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Prince O

l.dubz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Hey Prince_O,

I tried all of your steps with no result. When I previously updated the product I manually did it with a micro usb cable using the bose updater.

To restate - the case functions fine to mine knowledge but the battery lights on the outside of the case do not work so I do not know if the case has battery or not.

Thanks!

Prince_O
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello l.dubz,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry to hear that, as we have gone through all the troubleshooting steps explained in the community I would advise you get in touch with our team over the phone who will be able to go through extensive steps and if need be service your product for you.

To find the contact information for your country of residence, click on the here. Choose your country of residence, then click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards.

Prince  O