Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayson.knight
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2018

Bose Soundsport Free Case Not Holding Charge

First time poster here. First off, logging in/registering does not work in Safari on iPad. The submit button when creating an account doesn't work on IE for Windows. Three browsers later, here I am.

I've noticed on my Bose Soundsport Free headphones (that I adore btw), if I leave them dormant in the case for a week or so, the case will completely discharge, even if it was fully charged. I spoke with a support rep via email and had to give up on them even understanding my question to begin with.

Is this normal? This just doesn't seem right. There are times when I cannot work out for a week or so due to travel/work, and having to charge my Soundsport Free earphones is a huge bummer. Why don't they hold a charge for longer than 7-10 days? And to be clear, I'm talking about a FULLY charged case with FULLY charged earphones. This is unacceptable if this is the case. If I'm not using them, the charge should be held for weeks, if not months.

6 REPLIES 6
mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Case Not Holding Charge

100% agree and my case is the same.

The other annoying thing for me is that I only use the buds for 1.5 hrs a day, 5 days a week during workouts, so when I come to put them in the case, the buds still have around 85/90% charge and yet I have the charge the case up within a week. It's not like the case is fully charging them! It must just constantly charge them, even when not being used.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello Jason.knight,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! Sorry to hear about your experience. It's possible for any Lithium Ion batteries to do that even without use eventually. However, I can totally understand where your concern is coming from when 7-10 days might seem like a small period of time. My best recommendation would be to check to make sure the battery and case are fully charged before any use.

Should you still have concerns that your headphones are not functioning properly, I would encourage you to call your local Bose Support for any further assistance. Here is a link to get the best contact phone number. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Let me know how everything goes, or if you need anything else. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin - Community Support

greadlee
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

I've just noticed the same problem! Mine is even worse. It was fully charged 2 days ago and I checked today the case batter has gone down to 2 lights. And i had not been using it at all. They've just been siting there. And from Bose's reply, it seems like they are saying it in fact doesn't hold a charge that long (about a week) and that's just how this is ........ that's rather frustrating 

tegski
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

Same here - case does recharge but does not seem to hold a charge for any length of time. I pull it out of my bag after a week and everyting is flat. Nada.

😞

pmccollum
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

I have the same problem!

Fully charged case and headphones is almost dead within a few days with ZERO use.

It's such a glaring issue that I find myself using them less and less and i used to love them. Can't have an unreliable companion device.

Worst part is seeing that this isn't seen as an issue by support here. I'm not aware of any modern device that loses full battery charge in week when 'off'.

Macboy70
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

Jayson. I can't speak to your charge problem but I can tell you that Safari on iMAC-Mojave and iPad-iOS 12 work just fine on this forum for me. Can't understand what is giving you trouble.