coltino99
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2018

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

Shouldn’t happen at all, for what you spend.
ridgey83
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2018

Tell me about it! I contact Bose support and here is their answer... Not satisfactory at all... Basically saying it’s normal! How is dropping out 15-20 times in 20 minutes normal!

“SoundSport Free wireless headphones were designed to maximize the strength and reliability of a wireless signal. However, all truly wireless headphones have limitations and SoundSport Free is no exception. You may experience audio dropouts in one or both ear buds based on select listening conditions. Please ensure that your headphones have the latest firmware installed.”

galazyng
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

I noticed that signal drops when there are some noise form huge elctric devices like:

- high voltage pole

- trafic light etc....

I am wondering if some of producers use any cache solution to avoid loss of signal between earbuds

Luz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2018

I'm having the same problem and I just bought them 3 days ago.
No left side sound. Any solutions?
Harry Rivera
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

I suggest you return them. Plenty of other headphones out there. Many cost less than these.

@Luzwrote:
I'm having the same problem and I just bought them 3 days ago.
No left side sound. Any solutions?

chethammmer
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

This is my advice to anyone with these headphones right now.  Especially if you just bought them recently enough to return them.  Complain to Bose on the phone.  Return them right away.  Maybe, just maybe if enough people return them to get their attention, they might pull them or fix them.  What is really absurd right now is that I have a pair of Smartomi Q5's that I paid 19.99 for and they are true wireless as well.  They work far better than the Bose Soundsport Frees.  That .......is........ridiculous.  The sound isn't as good, I'll grant that, but at least I can do an entire workout for over an hour without a single dropout or lost connection.  These headphones have a job and they aren't doing it very well at all.  

Harry Rivera
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

Same here. I purchased a $30.00 pair of Losei blu-tooth earbuds on Amazon. They don't sound as well as the Bose but they never lose the connection. So disapointed with Bose. It's almost as if they were bought out and are under new management.

amk13
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2018

I have tried this many times and it doesn't seem to be working. I am on my second pair and these are 3 days old, is thier a firmware update or anything that can be done? I don't want to go to the apple pods but at this rate I feel like I am going to have to. 

thank you

gusti6
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2018

I am deaf from the right ear so I'm looking for just the left side ( YES, finally found a benefit ). 

Is it possible to switch the left to be the master?

Thanks.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi gusti6,

Thanks for reaching out. There is no way to change which earbud is the master on the Soundsport Free. Thanks for the suggestion, we will pass it along to our engineers for possible future development. 

Regards,

Tony - Community Support