Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randaya
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

Has anyone tried the Sonly WF1000x's? I'm thinking about returnign the FREE's to bestbuy for those. They were just released so don't see many user reviews just yet. My only concern is they are not sweatproof and the earbuds look to be the type you jam in your ear canal so they may not stay in place when working out. 

ms05
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

i'm having the same issue as everyone else

These are useless if you live in a city or try to use them in an area with lots of other bluetooth connections. 

the left bud drops all the time, and sometimes I need to put it back in the case to get it working again. There was a time where it just started buzzing loudly-- had to let the barrty die for it to stop.

I'm using an iPhone 7, updated IOS

I will be returning mine...

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hello everyone,

SoundSpport Free wireless headphones were designed to maximize the strength and reliability of a wireless signal.  However, all truly wireless headphones have limitations and SoundSport Free is no exception.  You may experience audio dropouts in one or both earbuds based on certain listening conditions.  Here are potential solutions to help mitigate this and help you enjoy them more.

Reduce physical obstructions that may be in the way.

Position the source device on the right front side of the body.

Try the product indoors.  bluetooth signals need reflective surfaces to transmit data wirelessly.  Outside usage does not have the benefit of boundary reflection or reflective surfaces, so drop outs may be more likely.

If possible, keep out of close range from 2.4GHz devices like Wi-Fi routers, wireless phones, microwaves, cordless phones, baby monitors, etc.

Try a different application or streaming service for music.

I hope that these suggestions can help reduce the drop-outs, please keep us updated on how it goes.

Thank you,

Shiloh_C 

randaya
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

@Shiloh_C wrote:

Hello everyone,

SoundSport® Free wireless headphones were designed to maximize the strength and reliability of a wireless signal. However, all truly wireless headphones have limitations and SoundSport® Free is no exception. You may experience audio dropouts in one or both earbuds based on certain listening conditions. Here are potential solutions to help mitigate this and help you enjoy them more.

-Reduce physical obstructions that may be in the way.

-Position the source device on the right front side of the body.

-Try the product indoors. Bluetooth signals need reflective surfaces to transmit data wirelessly. Outside usage does not have the benefit of boundary reflection or reflective surfaces, so drop outs may be more likely.

-If possible, keep out of close range from 2.4GHz devices like Wi-Fi routers, wireless phones, microwaves, cordless phones, baby monitors, etc.

- Try a different application or streaming service for music

I hope that these suggestions can help reduce the drop-outs that you're experiencing, please keep us update on how it goes.

Thank you, 

Shiloh_C 

Its funny you say outdoor usage can cause the disconnections. These headphones are advertised as work-out headphones. The althletes that are advertised with these are outside. I've read reviews of other "truly wireless" headphones on the market and each one has their disconnection issues apparently. Maybe the wireless connection tech just isn't there yet? I admit though the sound out of the FREE's are awesome, its the connection issue thats giving the negative feedback on these. I've had these for about a week today, and the 1st couple of times I used these I experienced the disconnection issues. But I have not had many since then here in the office and at the gym so I'll see how it goes before my return period runs out. 

I'm also experiencing the battery usage indicator issue but thats been reported in another thread. 

elguapo
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

QUOTE - However, all truly wireless headphones have limitations and SoundSport® Free is no exception.

Why is it that I do not have any issues when I use the $30 - Chinese made bluetooth headphones. Connection reliability is rock solid, I can walk away from my gym bag during my workouts without disconnections or intereference. Only problem with those is the cord dangling from behind my neck.

This is the kind of response we are getting from Bose regarding the issue and i find this response unacceptable at the $250 level and from Bose, a reputable company.

To simplyfy things I am still in the return window and will return them if acknowledgement is not made regarding this issue. It is almost as if Bose does not want to take responsibility for the connection issues associated with this product.

leedesert
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

I'm experiencing the same issue. During my entire workout at the gym the left ear keeps cutting on and off. It's extremely frustrating. I don't understand how Bose is recommending we limit any obstructions between the two headsets. What are we supposed to do, remove our heads? For a $250 Bluetooth headset this is unacceptable and if this problem was known you should not have put out this product. I'm setting my calendar to send these back before the 30-day trial. We don't need to hear excuses but what you're going to do to fix it because there's obviously a problem.
sf_guy
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 29, 2017

I tried moving my phone from left pocket to right for my run yesterday and it fixed the issue! I had one dropout in 45 minutes, which is acceptable. Hopefully, this is the permanent fix.

leedesert
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

I wouldn't consider that a fix since the headphones should work no matter which pocket you have them in on your body. I set my phone down right next to the equipment I'm working out on so the phone is never more than four or five feet from the headset and it still happens to me. If you have to practically strap your phone to your head so that you don't lose connection it is not a wireless device. Not when there are many others out there that do not have this problem.
The problem is the link between the headsets, not to the phone.
elguapo
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Guys,

I have a $30 bluetooth headphones made in China that no matter where I put my gym bag with my iPhone inside, does not lose connection. My only complaint is the cable dangling in the back of my neck, the sound is acceptable, not as good and rich as the Bose. But hey, I did not have to pay $250 to get something I can only wear on the right of my body.

I can walk around the gym looking for weights during my work outs and NEVER lost bluetooth connection unless I go beyond 30 feet distance from where my bag is.

Puma_free
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

I returned my FREEs last night. I was planning on keeping them given Bose's history of fixing issues (ex:soundsport wireless sweat resistance issue) but the response from this moderator convinced me that Bose, at this point, doesnt have a clue. It appears that this was rushed to the market without enough R&D or testing. The workarounds suggested are just plain stupid and i refuse to buy stupidity for $250+taxes. Reduce obstacles - how? move furniture, shave my head off to make it a reflective surface since it is an obstacle between my ears? Use indoors - These are marketed as workout earbuds but never came with a warning that your workouts need to be indoor - there is a guy running around in a stadium in rain for crying out loud and that is surely not an indoor stadium. And the stupidest of them all - keep out of close range from wireless phones - is this a joke? when then very source is supposed to be a phone?

Bottom line - if bose had advertized this on the package that users may experience connectivity issues - i would have had no problems whatsoever. This is certainly not the kind of response i expected from a company like Bose. What a huge letdown and that too for some of its most loyal customers. Terrible.