cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leedesert
Contributor
  • 4
  • 15
  • 0
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

I just received my return shipping label. They didn't even ask why I was returning them.
randaya
Collaborator
  • 16
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops


@elguapo wrote:

Guys,

 

I have a $30 bluetooth headphones made in China that no matter where I put my gym bag with my iPhone inside, does not lose connection. My only complaint is the cable dangling in the back of my neck, the sound is acceptable, not as good and rich as the Bose. But hey, I did not have to pay $250 to get something I can only wear on the right of my body.

I can walk around the gym looking for weights during my work outs and NEVER lost bluetooth connection unless I go beyond 30 feet distance from where my bag is.


 

I don't think you can compare those $30 earbuds to these because of the wire connection. Boses version of those earbuds (Soundsport Wireless) work flawless. 

randaya
Collaborator
  • 16
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops


@leedesert wrote:
I wouldn't consider that a fix since the headphones should work no matter which pocket you have them in on your body. I set my phone down right next to the equipment I'm working out on so the phone is never more than four or five feet from the headset and it still happens to me. If you have to practically strap your phone to your head so that you don't lose connection it is not a wireless device. Not when there are many others out there that do not have this problem.
The problem is the link between the headsets, not to the phone.

 

I've been reading reviews of the other wireless earbuds (no wire) from other brands (Sony WF1000X, Jaybird Runs, etc.) and they all experience the same connection issue. I think the bluetooth tech for these type of headphones are just not 100% yet.  I don't know if a firmware update would fix this issue because wouldn't it be considered a hardware issue, not software?

randaya
Collaborator
  • 16
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops


@leedesert wrote:
I just received my return shipping label. They didn't even ask why I was returning them.

 

Probably because they are aware of the problem already. 

JFlo4812
Contributor
  • 0
  • 2
  • 0
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

I have to admit, the Apple AirPods (which I bought before these), work flawlessly!! The sound was ok, better than I was expecting, but no connectivity issues. It's that W1 chip...my only hang up was the fit. The right one ALWAYS felt like it was going to fly out of my ear. I didn't like that, I know there are some after market tips you can put on them, but I don't like that I would have to take the tips on and off to charge them. They won't fit in the case with the tips. Eh, oh well.... I returned them also becuase of the fit issue. I'm just going to stick to the SoundSport Wireless...the wire doens't bother me that much...

elguapo
Enthusiast
  • 26
  • 33
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

To everyone reading this thread,

 

I think I may have found what is causing the disconnect of the left earbud.

 

According to BOSE the main unit is the right earbud, this unit is the one that connects to the mobile device (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.). The right eabud sends the signal to the left earbud.

Well this morning I was working out at the gym, like I usually do, my music was playing just fine without any drop outs. I had been running at the machine for about 45 minutes when this guy that I know showed up listening to his music on his PowerBeats 3 Wireless In-Ear headphones. Right at the moment he walked up to me that's when my left earbud started cutting out for about a second. After he walked I did not have any more issues.

 

This leads me to believe there is interference of the bluetooth signal sent from the Right earbud to the left one. Pretty sure this can be fixed via firmware update. 

Perhaps the what bothers me the most is the moderator's lame response to this issue, makes it sound like this is the first time we own a bluetooth device.

 

To the moderator - I drive a Lexus and my wife drives a Mercedes. 99 percent of the time my wife's iPhone is in her purse, she has never, ever, had any issue. Oh, by the way, on my way home from the gym I keep my iPhone in my gym bag and yet I am able to make phone calls in the car while driving and listen to music without drop outs. 

randaya
Collaborator
  • 16
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops


@elguapo wrote:

To everyone reading this thread,

 

I think I may have found what is causing the disconnect of the left earbud.

 

According to BOSE the main unit is the right earbud, this unit is the one that connects to the mobile device (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.). The right eabud sends the signal to the left earbud.

Well this morning I was working out at the gym, like I usually do, my music was playing just fine without any drop outs. I had been running at the machine for about 45 minutes when this guy that I know showed up listening to his music on his PowerBeats 3 Wireless In-Ear headphones. Right at the moment he walked up to me that's when my left earbud started cutting out for about a second. After he walked I did not have any more issues.

 

This leads me to believe there is interference of the bluetooth signal sent from the Right earbud to the left one. Pretty sure this can be fixed via firmware update. 

Perhaps the what bothers me the most is the moderator's lame response to this issue, makes it sound like this is the first time we own a bluetooth device.

 

To the moderator - I drive a Lexus and my wife drives a Mercedes. 99 percent of the time my wife's iPhone is in her purse, she has never, ever, had any issue. Oh, by the way, on my way home from the gym I keep my iPhone in my gym bag and yet I am able to make phone calls in the car while driving and listen to music without drop outs. 


 


Question becomes when/if Bose figures this out and releases a firmware update or if a firmware update can even fix this issue. I'm on the fence about going to Best Buy after work today to return it and try out the Sony WF1000x's. But even with those I've read people are also having the connection issues. My main use for these are for working out and the Sony's aren't sweat resistant like the FREE's are. Compared to other wireless earbuds, I just feel the FREE's are more ruggedly built and the sound is top notch, its just that connection issue that really only happens to me on occasions. 

 

elguapo
Enthusiast
  • 26
  • 33
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

Is there a reason why the bluetooth connection of these Chinese made earphones is rock solid?. They're even waterproof.

 

My only complaint is the cable dangling behind my neck. In all honesty sound is not as good as Bose, but it is acceptable.

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073P8MZDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

randaya
Collaborator
  • 16
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops


@elguapo wrote:

Is there a reason why the bluetooth connection of these Chinese made earphones is rock solid?. They're even waterproof.

 

My only complaint is the cable dangling behind my neck. In all honesty sound is not as good as Bose, but it is acceptable.

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073P8MZDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


 

You can't compare the FREE's do these because the FREE's are transmitting sound to each earbud via bluetooth. In the headphones your stating above the sound is being transmitted to each earbud via a wire, which is alot more stable. The headphones above you can compare to the Bose Soundsport Wireless which are top notch and have no connection issues. I owned them previously. 

Puma_free
Contributor
  • 21
  • 3
  • 0
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

Airpods employ a different technology altogether. Unlike Bose that uses master/slave comm. protocol, the iphone transmits to each airpod separately. And Apple has mastered the art of keeping the two pods in sync. And due to this broadcast feature, the airpods can work independently as well.

Not to say the master/slave model is inferior. It has been time-tested in computer networks for a while now. Just that bose has yet to figure out how to keep that connection stable and sustainable with such a small package.