Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmarkowitz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

I just got mine this weekend and did notice the left one dropping out momentarily once or twice, but figured it was just a fluke.  Now, at work, it keeps dropping.  And as another guy above pointed out, if I cover either headphone (especially works on the right one) with my hands, that causes the dropout.  That's seriously messed up. That's a major design flaw if it's hardware and inexcusable bug release (around since at least October based on this thread!) if it's firmware.

I also don't like that the Bose connect software along with the headphones override the volume with different settings - so if you change the volume with the headphones or software, the sound is amplified, providing better base response and louder sound at higher volume.  But if you change the volume after that on the phone through its own volume buttons or the system volume slider, the volume gets reset back to the system level.  This seems like a shoddy way of amplifying the headphones.

Definitely returning these.  Really too bad because they're the only truly wireless ones with good sound I've seen so far.

njklutz
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 22, 2016

As a further update I attach my e-mails with Bose in the past 12 hours...no more words requried

To:technical_support_us

Designing a product that will have drops outside ruins Bose's excellent reputation.  Using headphones and telling me that "the human body can act as a source of interference for Bluetooth and radio signals." is mind boggling.  Am I to use my $250 headphones without my human body?  Telling me to "For best results have the Bluetooth source closer to the product (i.e. in a front pocket) to reduce the potential for “body-block” interference." is unacceptable and if you had any idea how people use your headphones you would already know that this is not the problem.  My iphone X is in my front pocket.  I have taken it out and held it right next to the headphones and there is no difference.  The problem is not between my iPhone and the right ear bud, that connection never loses connectivity; the problem is between the right Bose earbud and the left Bose earbud.  

People on line have been complaining about this issue for months and Bose only comes up with absurd comments and recommendations.  It is time for this to be elevated within Bose to senior management as they have a serious issue either with hardware or the software.  I'm only a stupid accountant but my guess is that there is a flaw with your hardware that is why you can't fix this with firmware.

It would be nice if Bose took this issue seriously and addressed the matter to fix the problem or admit they have a flawed product and take it off the shelves instead of charging $250..

Arnie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Jan 16, 2018 11:06 pm
Subject: RE: Re: Contact Us - Headphones [InteractionID:6c1fa624-9221-470c-9647-de55ec4c96c4]

Hello Arnie,

Thank you for responding. Please allow me to take over in behalf of Angelo 

I really appreciate the information. I understand how you feel about the ongoing issue with your new SoundSport Free Wireless Headphone. Outside usage does not have the benefit of boundary reflection or reflective surfaces, so users may be more likely to experience dropouts. Also, the human body can act as a source of interference for Bluetooth and radio signals. Bluetooth sources positioned immediately next to a person (in a pocket, for example) may result in intermittent or loss of connection. For best results have the Bluetooth source closer to the product (i.e. in a front pocket) to reduce the potential for “body-block” interference. Please let us know if this will work. We want you to be thrilled, so if you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within the 30-day* trial period for a full refund at the Bose store where you got it.

I hope this helps. May you have an excellent day.    

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.     
Donnie  
Product and Technical Support Team     

Exidous
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

I'm impressed. I have not seen a company be so deliberately obtuse in a long time. Mine are going back. I'll try all the others under 300 thanks.

There are PLENTY of other companies that have managed to have acceptable connectivity levels. Shame on you Bose. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I'm out.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Everyone,

We wanted to let everyone know that we are monitoring this thread and encourage anyone experiencing an issue with their SoundSport Free to contact our support team so we can learn more and help resolve the issue for you. Here is a link you can use, Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

We appreciate everyone's patience and concern

Tony

djeong
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2018

Hi Tony,

I think I found a hind for the solution for the left-headphone-drop problem: put your left-ear plug before the right-ear plug.

At least it worked for me for a couple of consecutive trials. So, it' worth investigating. I think it's reasonable as well because the master (right) is turned on, it needs to gauge the size of your head. Please let me know if it makes sense!

Best,

kanexyz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2018

Can anyone update me if this problem has been solved?

I am looking to buy Bose soundsport free before I find this problem all over the thread which is a dealbreaker. If it has been solved then I believe I would go for it. 

Thank s!

elguapo
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

@kanexyz wrote:

Can anyone update me if this problem has been solved?

I am looking to buy Bose soundsport free before I find this problem all over the thread which is a dealbreaker. If it has been solved then I believe I would go for it. 

Thank s!

The issue has not been resolved, even with the latest firmware. This morning while working out I had the left earbud cut out a few times. So annoying...

When I receive my "Axum" earburds I am going to update this thread with Pro and Cons.

Rlmgolfer
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

I don't believe the left headphone issue has been solved and haven't heard anything from Bose that indicates a resolution is imminent.  I just received the new Jabra Elite 65t truly wireless headphones and they are terrific.  Sound quality for music isn't as pure as the Bose but call quality is better, music sound is very good and no issues with the headphones.  They are much better than Apple AirPods for about same price-$169.  they are available through Best Buy.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey guys!

I just wanted to jump in here and just encourage you all, as @Tony_G said above, to reach out to your local support (you can use this link) and they can help set up an exchange for you.

Thank you all for posting!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Rylant
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

It's so sad that this is ongoing, while Bose continues to pretend nothing is wrong.  Shiloh, you are suggesting that people contact support to get their units replaced, yet this very thread is filled with people who have already done that, and it hasn't fixed the situation.  Clearly, there is something wrong with the units, yet nobody from Bose is willing to come forward to say that there is something wrong here.  It's sad to me that a company as respected as Bose is not willing to hold themselves accountable.

Worse than that, is that the moderators continue to dodge the questions, and continue to mislead recent purchasers by telling them to have the units replaced, even though they know that this will not help.  The very first point in the Bose Community Guidlines is "Be Respectful and Constructive".  However, not addressing the concerns of many consumers in this thread, and dishonestly suggesting that replacing the units will fix the issue, seems neither "respectful" nor "constructive".  Shame on you, Bose.