chrisbl
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

I wonder if everyone isn't panicking and dramatising this issue a little much. The headphones are pretty great overall. If you don't like them then return them and go back to wired headphones. In part, being an early adopter means you suffer the early issues of development. Doesn't mean you have to put up with it - just return them and wait a few years until all the issues are sorted out.

Personally, now my headphones have settled in a little I'm happy to take the occasional drop out not to have wires anywhere.

Can we just end this here? There is enough info for anyone needing help or assistance, if it carries on its just contributing to endless moaning.
DennisVietnam
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 22, 2018

@chrisblwrote:
I wonder if everyone isn't panicking and dramatising this issue a little much. The headphones are pretty great overall. If you don't like them then return them and go back to wired headphones. In part, being an early adopter means you suffer the early issues of development. Doesn't mean you have to put up with it - just return them and wait a few years until all the issues are sorted out.

Personally, now my headphones have settled in a little I'm happy to take the occasional drop out not to have wires anywhere.

Can we just end this here? There is enough info for anyone needing help or assistance, if it carries on its just contributing to endless moaning.

I Agree with Chrisbl. I just bought QC35 today and to be frank the Soundsport Free sound quality is clearly better despite of 55% of the price of the QC35, of course there is the ANC factor involved.

After understanding how to connect the Soundsport free to my Windows 10, now I am very happy with it

galazyng
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

I didn't accually try QC35 but in my opinion sound of soundsport free is very very good, did someone find better one?

hahndreas
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

I'm sure, the individual setup and conditions play a big role in this (what phone you use, what android version etc. etc.) but just to let the community know:

I returned my Soundsport Free and bought Samsung IconX 2018 instead. They are not perfect but magnitudes more stable. The sound quality cannot compete with Bose, that's fair. But the Bluetooth connection is a lot more stable. I have not changed my phone (still Sony Xperia XZ on latest Android), have changed nothing else. And the connection has some form of jitters every now and then - which is as I said not perfect - but a lot better than dropping the connection altogether as soon as the phone is an inch besides instead of in front of my body.

My 5 cents. Good luck everyone!

KKPhen
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Are we dramatising the issue? I don't know, I have a pair of wireless sports headphone that I can't use for sports because they stop playing music whenever I try to use them for any sports activity.

If I had a bed that can't be used for sleeping, or a refrigirator that doesn't keep food cold would me complaing about the be issue be "panicking and dramatising"?

chrisbl
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

I think you just made my point exactly.
If they don't work for you then return them. If they are the best of the options you've tried (which for me they are by far) then live with them until newer, improved products come out.
Otherwise stop whining. Make a decision.
njklutz
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 22, 2016

If you don't like the "whining" leave the group.  This group is specific to the left drops.  As paying loyal customers of Bose we have the right to complain when they deliver an inferior product.  What is most disturbing is Bose themselves not admitting they have a problem.

@chrisblwrote:
If they don't work for you then return them. If they are the best of the options you've tried (which for me they are by far) then live with them until newer, improved products come out.

KKPhen
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

@chrisblwrote:

Can't return them. Bought them when I was in the US, I am no longer in the US. I'm more or less stuck with them till they either get patched or a buy a new pair and sell them.

Do you have anything else of use to say? I assume not.

Rylant
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Please tell me, that you can see the irony in "Whining" about people who are "Whining"?

Listen, there are 3 really good reasons why people should complain on this type of forum.

First of all, we want people post to Bose if they are unhappy with the level of quality of the product, and also, with the way Bose refuses to take any type of accountability here.  The more people who post, the more it may make Bose realize that there is a problem here, and it may push Bose to take these customers seriously.

Secondly, people who have not purchased this product yet, but are considering it, may realize that it is a horrible product because of the overwhelming unhappiness projected by the people who have already purchased it.  To me, that is doing those people a service.

And thirdly, even if nothing is going to change, people who are disappointed sometimes just want to vent a bit.

Not a sinlge one of these negative reports, affects you, so why care about it?  If you are happy with your product, then great.  But it is completely within people's rights, to voice their displeasure over something like this.  It doesn't affect you at all.  Let them.

Rylant

ridgey83
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2018

Giving this a go! Only had the earbuds for a few days and love them... Except for the left earbud issue, extremely annoying when it drops out 15-20 times in a 2 minute period...