Simplicius
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free - Right Earbud does not charge anymore

Hi,

The right earbud of my Soundsport Free set does not charge anymore.

When I insert the earbuds into the case, the charging light for the left earbud starts blinking and charges until fully loaded. The light for the right earbud blinks two or three times and then shows a steady light. The earbud is empty though. This happens with a fully loaded charging case, whether its connected to a USB cable or not. Hence, I cannot use the set anymore.

Thanks for some help.

Bernd

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport Free - Right Earbud does not charge anymore

Hello Simplicius! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, but am glad to assist. Let's begin by ensuring that your headphone firmware is current. You can most easily do this with your USB charging cable and a PC. Navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. If you did need an update, check to see if the charging issue is resolved. If you did not need an update, check the contacts on both the earbud and the charging case to make sure they aren't dirty or obstructed. 

Of course, if all else fails, you can always contact Customer Support to inquire about available service options. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us". 

Let us know how it goes! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Simplicius
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Hi Greg,

Thanks for responding. The firmware is indeed up-to-date (2.5.6) and all contacts are clean and unobstructed. I guess then that I need to address the issue with customer service, right?

Cheers

Hi Simplicius,

Thanks for responding. We appreciate you making sure that your headset was updated. Yes, at this point I would recommend calling your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support