Yanto
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Bose Soundsport Free charging case does not charge earphones if not connected to power.

Hi,

Just yesterday i purchased a brand new Soundsport Free wireless earbuds from Bose and they work great, except for the charging case. As far as i know both the case and the earphones come fully charged, but something is wrong with the case. It does not show any light outside the case or the light inside indicating that an earbud is charging whether it is closed or opened. When i connect it to a power source it lights up all 5 lights outside the case and the 2 lights indicating the earbuds are charging. The case charges the earphones perfectly, but as soon as it is disconnected from a direct power source it goes off despite being fully charged. I have tried multiple sources and cables to charge the case from. My laptop, a portable charger and a stationary one(connected to the wall). So far every source i've tried shows the same result - 5 Lights outside and 2 lights inside, all working. And the firmware is also updated to the latest version.

This is extremely frustrating. There is no reason to pay for a charging case if it is even more a liabillity than a wall-connected charger. I might be doing something wrong, but if the case is defective i will demand a new replacement.

IMG_9576[1].JPGIMG_9583[1].JPGIMG_9581[1].JPGIMG_9582[1].JPGIMG_9584[1].JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Soundsport Free charging case does not charge earphones if not connected to power.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Yanto

Hi Yanto,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Based on what you are describing with all the troubleshooting you have already done, I would recommend either going back to the place of purchase for an exchange or contacting your local support team. 

Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Soundsport Free charging case does not charge earphones if not connected to power.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Yanto

Hi Yanto,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Based on what you are describing with all the troubleshooting you have already done, I would recommend either going back to the place of purchase for an exchange or contacting your local support team. 

Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

View solution in original post

Yanto
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Thank you for the reply 🙂

Highlighted
djmays26
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Did you get your problem fixed? I just purchsed these at the cincinnati airport at the Innovation store and I'm having the same issue. I need this problem fixed as I wont be able to return to the place of purchase since I live in Denver. Thank you. 

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi Yanto,

Regards,