aoc
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Bose Soundsport In-Ear Headphones Won't Charge Properly

This is my second pair of Bose Soundsport headphones. Love the sound, but product will not charge properly. Had same issue with my first pair, returned for a new pair, second pair starting having same issue almost immediately. I plug them in using the included charging cable, the light blinks orange for a moment, then immediately turns green. I take it off and it says it's 40 (or 50, 60, etc) percent charged. Have tried "re-setting" the device as others have suggested, have also tried plugging directly into a wall socket (as opposed to power strip), and it does not work. Sometimes after re-setting 5 or 6 times, I can get it to charge a little. At times I take them off the charger and it says 100% charged, I turn them OFF, then go to use them later and it says 50% charged. Bose support has been unresponsive. This is incredibly frustrating. Can anyone help or is this product just defective / poorly designed? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Soundsport In-Ear Headphones Won't Charge Properly

Hello aoc,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues charging your SoundSport headphones. I can see you have tried a lot of troubleshooting already, but if you haven't already, please try to update the firmware of the product to see if this helps. You can perform an update by visiting this link on a computer. The charging cable can be used to connect the headphones to the computer. 

If the issue persists, please reach out to local support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
aoc
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Thanks. I updated the firmware, but it didn't help at all. Problem is worse than ever. This seems like such a common problem with this item based on the comments I've seen, I find it infuriating that Bose doesn't seem to take it seriously or have any kind of solution. 

Harry_O
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

AGREE!!!!

I have had two Soundsports and BOTH had same problem - just stopped charging!  Tried all the steps posted here and finally just gave up.  Very disappointing,