Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Bose Soundsport Play/Pause Problem with Youtube

I ordered Bose Soundsport Wireless and it works pretty well. When I play any Youtube video, it can be paused by pressing the multifunction button once; however, it doesnt play when I press the same button again. It doesnt happen on any other application like Apple music. Is there anything that I can do?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Soundsport Play/Pause Problem with Youtube

Hi Bachhus24, 

Thank you for reaching out! Just for troubleshooting purposes, can we verify a few things? 

Does this happen with another mobile device? 

Could you please try clearing the paired Bluetooth device list from the headphones, and re-pair it? Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until "Bluetooth device list cleared" is heard. 

Have you tried re-installing the app? 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance!

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Thanks Mohsin - it behaves the same way on Google Nexus. It pauses the video on Youtube but doesn't play it again. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi bachhus24,

Thanks for responding. That is interesting. Could I" ask, have you tried rebooting the headset?

To reboot the headset

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If you could give that a try and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2018

Hi. This is now the third time of using my soundsport headphones and all has been fine until today. I can no longer use the headphones to press play in the YouTube app. I have updated everything, unpaired and re paired, tried another device and still doesn't work. Did you find a solution? Works fine with Apple Music, YouTube on the internet just not the YouTube app. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Charlotte.

@bachhus24 wrote:

I ordered Bose Soundsport Wireless and it works pretty well. When I play any Youtube video, it can be paused by pressing the multifunction button once; however, it doesnt play when I press the same button again. It doesnt happen on any other application like Apple music. Is there anything that I can do?