pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Bose Soundsport Refurbished or Fake?

Hey guys, so today I bought a pair of Bose from a local seller.
It was supposedly a Bose Soundsport Wireless, it was the normal Wireless box and is the black color version.
However, the app recognizes it as a Bose Soundsport Pulse (I see it in the picture, original name and heart rate function), but doesn’t get any heart rate results either, just keeps measuring without any result.
They seem to be working fine (excluding the non working heart rate measuring). But now I’m a bit weary of this situation. Is this the insides of a Pulse with the black casing of a Wireless?
Was there an actual black version of the Pulse and I just have a wrong Wireless box?
Any help would be appreciated since I have till Friday to return them!
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundsport Refurbished or Fake?

Author Accepted Answer selected by pmlcmda

I would recommend at this stage to return the headphones back to where you purchased them. It is quite an unusual situation - so the best option would be to return your product. The next set of headphones you acquire should correctly connect the app and display exactly as intended on the box.

Let me know if you have any further queries or questions. I do apologise again for the trouble this may have caused you.

Warm regards,

Sam F

9 REPLIES 9

Hi pmlcmda! Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing.

If you are having any confusion with the product you own or feel as if it may not be functioning correctly - it may be worth getting in touch with Customer Service. They will be more than happy to help you out, and this will be the ideal route to share information about your purchase such as the serial number, purchase location and more. I would recommend asking them to check your product is valid, and then your mind can be at ease with the fact you have a legitimate product. They will also be able to run through troubleshooting with you and find what may be causing the issues with your product not functioning as you expect.

You can find contact details for your region here.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Highlighted
pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Hey Sam!
Thank you for your fast reply.

Unfortunately, in my country (Portugal) there's only 1 place for Bose Support and it's hours away from my city. So going there isnt really a viable option 😞

pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Here are some pictures to make it easier to understand. 

As you can see the box and the earbuds themselves look like regular Bose Soundsport Wireless.

But in the app, they are recognized as Bose Soundsport Pulse.

***Some images are hidden by Moderator***

IMG_1258.PNGIMG_1259.PNG

Thank you for providing that information.

The serial number checks out, and would confirm that you have a legitimate set of SoundSport pulse wireless headphones.

However, just to confirm that the app is correctly recognizing your headphones, could I ask you to remove the headphones from the app? Afterwards, could you clear the pairing list of the headphones by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear the prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". Next, reset your headphones by doing the following:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Once you have done these steps, try reconnecting your headphones to the Bose Connect App. 

To ensure you are able to see your heart rate - make sure the headphones fit securely in you ear. I would recommend trying each size of tip to see which returns your heart rate the most accurately. The sensor is located on the left earbud, and needs to make contact with the skin to read your heart rate.

Try these steps for me, and let me know whether or not you are still experiencing issues.

Warm regards,

Sam F

pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

I did all that just now, and it remains the same in the app (as a Pulse model).

Also, in the exterior of the left earbud, the serial number matches a Wireless model I think - ***DOM number hidden by Moderator***

Thank you for providing that. 

You would be correct with your suspicion - as the information provided indicates that your headphones are SoundSport Wireless headphones. Are you still presented with the same serial number from before now that you have re-connected your headphones?

I do apologise for this situation - it is quite unusual.

Warm regards,

Sam F

pmlcmda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Yes, exactly the same.

Both the app and the firmware are updated, there's nothing else I can think of doing.

So this does appear to be a Pulse "put together" inside a Wireless casing?

Is this a legal Refurbished model? 

Author Accepted Answer selected by pmlcmda

I would recommend at this stage to return the headphones back to where you purchased them. It is quite an unusual situation - so the best option would be to return your product. The next set of headphones you acquire should correctly connect the app and display exactly as intended on the box.

Let me know if you have any further queries or questions. I do apologise again for the trouble this may have caused you.

Warm regards,

Sam F

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Take them back while you still can.  You never know.