Bose Soundsport | Volume Increases by its own.

Silent Starter

Bose Soundsport | Volume Increases by its own.

I just bought a bose soundsport earphone but I can not use it because the volume increases by its own until the maximum. Is there anyone with the same issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundsport | Volume Increases by its own.

Hello filipeoliveira

Thank you for joining the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be glad to help!

Can you let us know what version SoundSport headphones you have (cable or Bluetooth)

Does this happen when you connect to a different mobile device?

Let us know so we can help resolve the issue!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I am having the same exact issue. My soundsport inear cable headphones suddenly raise the volume to maximum and I have to rip them out of my ears. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Silent Starter

I have the corded Soundsport earbuds. I’m on my 3rd pair in less than a year. Bose replaced 2 pair under warranty. This is obviously a flawed product. I’m fairly certain sweat drips down cord & gets into the microphone opening. They need to offer a full credit towards a different product.
Audible Advocate

I'm also facing this issue. Is there a fix?

I've been a fan of Bose inner ear headphones for almost a decade, having spent hundreds of dollars on several pairs. But over the past couple years I've experienced repeated technical difficulties. I'm considering switching to an alternate brand, but have struggled to find an earbud that fits as well as Bose. Does anybody have any recommendations?

In the meantime, I plan on returning my headphones.

Highlighted

Hello samthebrand! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, but am glad to assist. A few questions may help us narrow down what's going on:

• What device are you connected to when this happens?
  • Does this occur when you connect to a different device?
  • Is your firmware up to date? You can update the firmware at btu.bose.com using the USB charging cable.

Let us know so we can assist you further! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

I have the same issue with my Wireless Soundsport ,serial #073135Z61120317AE

Purchased 07-26-2016

Undated the firmware yesterday - still have the problem

Had this problem with 2-iPhones now , iPhone X and iPhone XS

Can this be corrected or do I have look for a new pair of earbuds?

Hi Dschidt, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

As you have updated the firmware for your headphones and still encountering this issue, I would recommend contacting your local Customer Support Team.

If you select this link - Contact Us, you can select your region. Scroll to the bottom and select contact us which will provide you with their contact number.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support