AlexandraB90
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Bose Soundsport headphones having power issues

I purchased the blue wireless Soundsport Headphones in 2017 and they worked well until Aug 2018. Around that time, they started turning on independently which would drain the battery and cause connectivity issues if I was listening to music on my Soundlink Mini. This wouldn’t happen all the time and as long as I checked them/charged them as needed, I could deal with the inconvenience since I believed I was outside the warranty. However, yesterday after a run, they repeatedly turned on and off 3-4 times independently and suddenly turned off completely. Thinking I drained the battery (although it was at 60% prior to my run which was only 30 min long), I plugged them in after waiting about a day—as I was also worried my sweat shorted them out. I plugged them in and the charging light indicator turned on, but as I tried to use them after letting them charge for about 3 hours, they would not turn on and they continuously have the charging light indicator on to either red when not plugged in or green when plugged in. I have attempted to reset them following the troubleshooting reset guide but there is no response. They do not connect to Bluetooth or indicate they are at all on in any way. I have had issues with them before but I could still use them, but now I cannot use them at all. Can you tell me how to fix them or should I discard of them completely?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Soundsport headphones having power issues

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi AlexandraB90, 

thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your headphones powering on. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to help you resolve it. 

I would recommend updating the Firmware of the headphones. You can do this by clicking HERE and following the onscreen instructions. Once completed, reset the headphones again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi AlexandraB90, 

thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your headphones powering on. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to help you resolve it. 

I would recommend updating the Firmware of the headphones. You can do this by clicking HERE and following the onscreen instructions. Once completed, reset the headphones again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Rafe27
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

My Q35 headphones power on by themselves??? Help!