jmorg65
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Bose Soundsport volume down, continuous beeping, in line buttons quit working

Please help!  I've read vairous other postings on that show other people are having the exact same problem.  I purchased these in the US on almost 2 years ago and they've worked very well up until now, but I am in Bahrain and seem to be without a nearby service center.

While I was working out the other day, on it's own, the volume went all the way to zero and then started beeping continuously.  All buttons on the headphones quit working but it still showed that it was paired to my iPhone 8.

I looked up this issue on the forum here and saw that Bose gave some reset instructions, which I've tried several times, with no luck.  The first step is to power down, but since the power button isn't working I can't do that.  I have put them down for a few hours to find they have powered down on their own so I've tried the reset with no luck.  After performing the reset they work ok for a few minutes and then the volume goes down and the buttons quit working again.

Additionally I updated the firmware but that didn't fix my problem either...

Unfortunately this issue seems to be more than I can try and troubleshoot with the instructions provided by Bose.  Is there anything else I can do??  Right now I am stranded without a pair of headphones 😞

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose Soundsport volume down, continuous beeping, in line buttons quit working

Hi jmorg65,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend reaching out to your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use for contact information in Bahrain.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Bolerott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Re: Bose Soundsport volume down, continuous beeping, in line buttons quit working

I am having the same issue I bought my soundsport totally free wireless in December 2018 in Ohio and in February they stopped working.  Tried all the fixes including updating firmware and the beeping is still there.  I am in the Caribbean now and emailed for support and was given a number to call.  Calling 800 numbers in the Caribbean are long distance calls  that I have to pay for.  They then told me they only service the US customers and I needed to call my local Bose outlet. Called them and they said they only service items bought at their store.  

Emailed again and and was given another long distance number to call and they too said they only service Canada and the US and gave me another number to call that was no longer in service. I am totally getting the run around now.

PLEASE HELP

Highlighted

Hi, Bolerott.

Welcome to the community, and thank you for reaching out to us here. We're sorry that you haven't been able to reach support in your country. Have you looked at our list of contact details for the Caribbean? Perhaps there's a number in there that you haven't tried yet.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Bolerott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Good day Patrick

I followed the link that you provided to my country Trinidad and Tobago.  There are only two locations here, the first location is the one that indicated that they only service products bought from them.  I went in search of the second but could not find it and then through enquiries I found out that it had been closed down for over a year.  The fact that your site is carrying such outdated information is further adding to my frustration.  What do I do now?

Ronald