Mgray76
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Bose Soundsport won’t turn on

My earbuds light up green when plugged into the power source but will not turn on. I’ve only had them 4 months.  Any suggestions on what I can do? 

I hope this isn’t an indication of the problems I will have with these. 

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: Bose Soundsport won’t turn on

Hey Mgray76, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are having some power issues with your SoundSport Headphones, I would love to assist you with this. 

Let's start with ensuring that I know the exact model of headphones you have, can you please confirm if you have the SoundSport Wireless or the SoundSport Free Wireless? 

With either model, a great first step would be connecting them to a PC and visiting our Bose Online Updater, then follow the onscreen instructions to update the headphones. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with which model you have. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mgray76
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion, Hector.  I just completed the update and they are still not working.  Again, they do light up when plugged in but they don't turn on or even pair with another device.  I have the Bose Soundsport Wireless.  

Hector_B

Hello MGray76, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! Sorry to read that your issue still persists. 

Let's try to perform a standard reset on the headphones by following these steps below: 

• Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

If the reset doesn't resolve this for you then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding the reset. 

Warm regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!