Bose Updater - Windows Firewall Rule Required Windows 10
If you keep getting stuck at "When you launch the Bose Updater, this webpage will change" on https://btu.bose.com you probably need to add a windows firewall rule. I tried many different cables and settings changes and reset my headphones before realising this. It's a shame this information wasn't available in these forums and Bose help sections.
You want to allow this .exe here C:\Program Files (x86)\Bose Updater\BOSEUPDATER.EXE
How to allow apps through the firewall on Windows 10
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Firewall & network protection.
- Click the Allow an app through firewall link. ...
- Click the Change settings button.
- Check the app or feature you want to allow through the firewall. ...
- Check on which type of networks an app can access the network: ...
- Click OK.