Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whgwood
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Bose connect on iPad says "Music not available" on QC 35 II

After setting up and connecting my iPhone and iPad (using Bose Connect) to QC 35 II headphones, I get message "Music Not Available" on the iPad, but seems to be working fine on iPhone. I have tried rebooting iPad, but the problem continues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose connect on iPad says "Music not available" on QC 35 II

Author Accepted Answer selected by whgwood

Hello Bill,

Thanks for confirming this! 

I have actually just done some testing and can confirm that there are differences in the functionality and features between the iPhone and iPad version of the Bose Connect app. 

With the iPhone app, you have the ability to browse your library through the Bose Connect app, however, with the iPad version this is not available. 

The message "Music Not Available" will change to your currently playing if you initiate the playback through your iPad on your preferred media application. 

I'm deeply sorry for any confusion and for any time wasted!

With this in mind, I'm going to put forward a request to the development team for these features to become available on the iPad Bose Connect app.

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Charlotte_G

Hello whgwood,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with your QC35 II's.

Do you have any trouble playing music if you are only connected to the iPad?

Which sources are you using to play music?

If you connect through the traditional Bluetooth method and do not use the Bose Connect app, do you have any problems playing from the iPad to the headphones?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
whgwood
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Charlotte,

Thank you for offering to help. I am able to play music, both wirelessly or by cable, from the iPad to the headphones from Spotify, iHeart, TuneIn, etc. if I bypass Bose Connect. However, when I am connected to Bose Connect, I get a message that "Music is not available." I do not get the same message when using the headphones and Bose Connect with my iPhone. Does that answer your questions?

Bill

Charlotte_G

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming these details. This is certainly strange.

Could you please check that you have the most up to date version of the Bose Connect app? If no updates are available, I'd recommend that you delete the application and re-install.

Please let me know if this makes an improvement.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

whgwood
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

I had already deleted and reinstalled Bose Connect earlier today before my last post. Thank you.

whgwood
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Just to clarify my last post, reinstalling Bose Connect did not solve the problem. I'm not sure why the "Solutions Authored" green check appears under my screen name next to the post.

Jeff_G

Hello whgwood, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with this. 

Can you please confirm if this message only occurs when you try to access the music sources on the Bose Connect app? Which service are you attempting to access? Are you still able to listen to all other services on your iPad outside of the app? 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

whgwood
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

To answer your second question first, so far I have been able on my iPad to access other services that I have tried outside of the Bose Connect app. As soon as I connect to the app on my iPad, however, I get a message at the bottom of the screen: "Music Not Available." Connecting to the app with my iPhone is a different story: the bottom of the screen offers either "My Bose" or "Music." Clicking on Music gives me the option of "Favorites" or "TuneIn." The puzzle is why I can use the app to access Music on the iPhone, but not the iPad.

Jeff_G

Hello whgwood, 

Thanks for your reply. 

You're right, this is puzzling. I'm wondering if you may have denied certain permissions when first opening the app on the iPad. To test this, can you please uninstall the app, then reinstall it, approving the permissions to see if this makes a difference? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

whgwood
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

I deleted Bose Connect, rebooted the iPad, then reinstalled the app. Still get the "Music Not Available" message at bottom. When I click on the message, I get another that says, "We unfortunately can't start music from another app. But as soon as you do, you can control playback from here." Huh?