quinton77
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Bose headphones are junk

Hello everyone,

Ok, time to vent. I bought two pairs of Bose headphones last year, one QuietComfort 35, one pair of SoundSport wireless. The wireless headset lasted about 4 months of not terribly heavy use before something broke in the volume control that connects the two earpieces. I lost the left channel, but I could make it come back if I pushed the cable ends into the volume controller. I replaced them with a set of Jaybird X3's, and so far, so good.

The QuietComforts lasted from October 2017 until last week, when they started turning themselves on. Now they won't turn off unless they're plugged into a MicroUSB cable. As soon as I unplug them, they turn on. When I switch them off, they play the power off sound and then turn right back on.

I love the noise reduction and fit of the QC35's, but they are overpriced crap at this point.

Oh, Bose's support site is down, so firmware updates (if any for my phones) are unavailable.

Thanks for letting me vent

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose headphones are junk

Hi Quinton77, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience however I would love to help. 

As you have had this issue with your headphones I would highly recommend reaching out to support in your region as the headphones should be covered by warranty depending on where they were purchased from. The team should also be able to investigate your QC35's issue further also. 

This isn't something that I would be able to assist with via this platform as it is a public platform. 

I hope that this helps and please do update me on the result of your call. 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.