Highlighted
Roysychen@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

Bose qc35 keep turning on by itself and cannot be turn off

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose qc35 keep turning on by itself and cannot be turn off

Hello Roysychen! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening. For further assistance please contact Customer Support to inquire about available service options. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us". 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose qc35 keep turning on by itself and cannot be turn off

What is happening to your QC35i is not specific to you.  It is a widely and well known 'issue' discussed literally hundreds of time here if not more - just checked out the many other topics/posts.  Bose has not yet officially said what the cause is.  Some think it may have something to do with the way they have implemented bluetooth low energy (BLE) and 'hope' that Bose will fix it through a firmware release though we do not know if that was included in the firmware release from last Friday.  Others have 'discovered' that the problem is associated with the contacts in the on/off switch and have provided DIY instructions with pictures to show how to fix it.  I have not yet read anyone who has had the problem and made the fix complaining any further of issues - that is a positive sign.

In the meantime, if you are not a DIY'er your only workaround is to keep the QC35i charging all the time when not in use.  You can call Bose but the response will be inconsistent and vary by who and what location you talk to.  They will have you go through a standard support protocol which we all know will make no difference.  Then they will ask you to pay a certain amount (normally a significant amount) for an exchange.  Accept or not - your choice.  Most people here will suggest you keep calling back and escalating to a supervisor - even one in Bose HQ in Boston until you find one willing to give you a free exchange EVEN if you are out of warantee.  This is not something specific to your QC35i.  They all know that.