prashanthalluru
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Bose sound sport audio breaking on only one mobile

hi 

I am Prashanth. I recently purchased Bose SoundSport. After unboxing it, I connected to my mobile and listened to a few songs while downloading the Bose Connect app. Bose Connect app asked for upgrade in firmware software, so I upgraded it. After successful upgrade I disconnected my device and connected with my wife device and listened to few songs.

Again I connected my device and when I started playing songs, the songs breaks.  I tried different mobiles it works well on all mobiles but doesnt work on mine. 

Below are the device details

My mobile:

Model name:Lenovo P1m

Andriod version:5.1

My wife  mobile :

Model name: one plus 3

Andriod version: 7.1.2

Bose Sound sport:

firmware version:1.3.0

Date of manufacture: 22 Feb 2017

I tried going to support forum and downgraded firmware and tried.

Deleted bose connect app and tried, but in vain.

Could anyone help me on this? Or buying a new mobile is the only option.

6 REPLIES 6
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose sound sport audio breaking on only one mobile

Hi prashanthalluru,

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate the details you have provided. Can you describe the breaks you are experiencing? Is it just the audio cutting in and out? Perhaps, checking to see if you are running any apps in the background that could be effecting the Bluetooth connection? Sounds like the headphones are working fine based on the performance with the other device, but you can try giving it a reset to see if that helps.

To reset the headphones:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let us know if this helped? 

Thank you,

Mohsin

prashanthalluru
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the mentioned steps. I charged it completely after switching off. Turned it on and then after a min connected to bluetooth. It is still the same.

The song keeps on breaking not continous music.the voice has breaks continously like stucked cd playing in music player.

I deleted the bluetooth pairing list and then again connected but could not solve it. 

May be I Should try my connecting mobile with other bluetooth headset and will sort out if it is mobile issue or the headset issue. Until then would keep this thread active just in case anyone faced this kind of issue with this headset.

Thank you.

Regards,

Prashanth

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@prashanthalluru Thank you, great update. Let us know what you find with the other mobile device. 

Mohsin

prashanthalluru
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Hi Mohsin,

I tried connecting my mobile(Lenovo P1ma40) with iball groovy A5(https://www.iball.co.in/product/Groovy-A5/527), music/audio works well with no issues at all. Songs play perfectly well.

I tried playing bose sound sport with Asus Zenfone 3 Max and Xiaomi 3S and it works perfectly with no issues.

Why is bose sound sport not working with my phone alone:(?

I have a 2,5Ghz and 5Ghz wifi router at home, thought interference may be the issue because wifi and bluetooth work on same frequecy, but other phone which i tested is also under the same conditions and they seem to be working.

Just for confirmation, switched off the WIFI and tried but still the voice breaks just like before, it plays for 1 sec and not playing for the next.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

I dont want to buy a new mobile just for the headset.

Thank you.

Prashanth

prashanthalluru
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

hi 

I have a new update. I took the headset to Bose showroom. They tested the piece with many devices and we found out that bose bluetooth headset is not compatible with lenovo bluetooth. We tested with other lenovo mobile and it behaved differently for each lenovo mobile. For few of the mobile the audio played for 5 sec and then stuck for 1 sec and then again it played, for another it played for 3 sec and then stuck for 1 sec and for mine it played for 1 sec and stuck for the next second.

On the other hand lenovo worked well with other brand of bluetooth headset.

Now we are yet to find which device is at fault Bose or Lenovo  on bluetooth connectivity as both are reputed firms.

Will take the headset to service center tomorrow, let see if they can help me out in any way.

NOTE: This headset doesnt work with lenovo mobile, just the customers needs to know prior to purchase.

Regards

Prashanth Varma

prashanthalluru
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Hi all,

I visited bose support center regarding this issue.

They verified it and gave me a new set saying it was a faulty device.

I started using it and parallely installed  the bose Connect app, as usual it asked for a firmware upgrade. I upgraded it and it again went back to the same issue. Immediately I reported back as I was right there. They first mentioned my bluetooth was the issue, So we connected to a Bose bluetooth speaker and the songs were playing fine. They had no resolution for this.

The technical person mentioned there manager would be calling me regarding this.

I am not happy with the BOSE Device. Will they refund the money?

It was my wife's gift to me on my first birthday after marriage. I means a lot, but I dont want to carry a piece that doesnt work with my phone.:(