Highlighted
dead
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Bose soundsport free defult bluetooth name problem

i just bought the sound sport free and i was redy to pair it but i notice that there was no Bose soundsport free in the device list insted my bose had the name "mini flavia" and there where other related names like "LE-mini flavia" "LE-reserved_n" i thought that with a software update the name will go back to normal but nothing happend.

what can i do to get the right name ?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose soundsport free defult bluetooth name problem

Hello there,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

When you are connecting to your SoundSport Free's, do you see "LE-mini flavia" and "mini flavia"? 

Which device are you connecting to? 

The LE- options of your device are for Bluetooth Low Energy but you should not connect to this variant and only the original (mini flavia) for full functionality. 

If you are only seeing the LE version I would recommend clearing the pairing list on your SoundSport Free's. You can do this by holding the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds until you hear the prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then remove the SoundSport Free's from your devices Bluetooth list and re-establish the connection. 

If you are still having problems, please get back to me and I will be more than happy to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support