Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Bose soundsport free left earbud wont power on

So I have had my sound sport free set for about 3 months or so and about a day or two ago my left earbud just stopped turning on, I tried charging it in the case and whenever I try to start it up by holding the button for awhile, it makes a distorted version of the power down noise (or powering up I cant tell its distorted). But yeah, anyone else have this problem or know how to fix this?
1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose soundsport free left earbud wont power on

Hi there @FadedAbstract, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the charging issue you've started having here. I understand that this could throw you off of your rhythm (no pun intended) and would be happy to see what can be done for you!

As such, can I ask that you try the following steps, and get back to me to let me know how this goes?

1) Please check that the charging case is charged before trying to charge the earbuds in the case, and if possible, have the charging case still connected to power while testing the below so that there is always sufficient power to charge the buds. The 5 LED's on the outside of the case are an indicator of how much charge the case holds.

2) Re-seat the charging cable on both ends, and ensure that the earbuds are correctly aligning with the magnet strips within the case. When the buds are connected and charging, the L/R Led should be Blinking white. As this is exclusively the Left earbud, can you please check if this is blinking correctly, or if this continues to blink even when both buds have been through a full charge cycle (90 minutes in the case would get you from 0% to 100%). If this is not blinking at all, or indicates it is not receiving a full charge, please let me know!

3) Please clear away any debris from the charging ports on both the buds and the charging case, and if this is being used at extreme temperatures, please wait for this to be back to room temperature before trying again. You can clean the charging ports using compressed air, or by gently wiping this, being sure not to damage the contacts.

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support