Highlighted
Audionerd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Bose soundsport free right bud alarm will not turn off

I used the find my bud function in the app to play a sound in both my right and left ear buds. After locating my ear buds, the right ear bud has continued to play a pulsing tone. I can find a way to turn it off and it has continue to play the pulsing tone for a day now. Anybody know what to do?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose soundsport free right bud alarm will not turn off

Hello Audionerd,

Welcome to the community!

Normally, the audio cue will stop playing after you return the headphones to their case. If you have done this and the alarm is still playing, could you try the following please?

1) Disconnect the headphones from Bluetooth, place these back in the case, then attempt to connect to them again. 

2) Can you check that you don't need to update your firmware version by going to btu.bose.com or by using the Bose connect app? If this is out of date, can you try and run through these to stop the alarm?

If you're still having issues, please get back to us!

Liam

Community Support

Highlighted
Audionerd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

I tried the previous suggestions.

I own an IPhone.  My App Version is 7.0.1.   My product firmware is up to date.

This problem has been going on for over two weeks.

Highlighted
Audionerd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

I just updated my App to 8.0.0 and the problem continues.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Audionerd,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting has not resolved your issues with the audio here. Can I ask that you get in touch with us privately, or get in touch with your local contact centre so we can assist you further? You can do so by selecting the following link, selecting your country/region, and then navigating to "Contact Us" from the bottom of the page.

Link

We look forward to hearing from you!

Liam

Community Support

Highlighted
Audionerd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

As suggested, I contacted tech support.   The technician suggested disconnected and reconnecting my earbuds from device (iPhone 7S).   The technician also suggested doing a hard reset by pushing the right and left button simultaneous.  The pulsing tone persisted.  After about 20 minutes of trying the procedures above, the technician decided that the buttons on the earbud were malfunctioning.  Fortunately, I recently purchased my headphones, so the technician asked me to send the earbuds to Bose and replacement earbuds would be sent in their place.    I was told it would take up to 10 business days to get my replacement earbuds after Bose received my old earbuds.   Honestly, I'm glad that they are under warranty, but I'm disappointed that they malfunctioned so soon after purchase and that it will take a few weeks to get a replacement.