Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Bose soundsport frees stay hear tips causing irritation.

I just got a factory renewed Bose soundsport frees a few weeks back, and the stay hear tips have been causing a lot of irritation. I have tried all 3 sizes, and they all cause the same issue. I thought that I was wearing them wrong, but that is not the case. I watched a video from Bose on how to put them in correctly, but the problem is still occuring.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose soundsport frees stay hear tips causing irritation.

Hello Musicman15,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing irritation from your StayHear + Tips, I would be more than happy to advise you further on this. When you say that you are experiencing irritation is after a period of time or immediately? Do you experience this irritation when wearing other headphones with ear tips of the same material?

If you feel it is to do with the fit then it might be a good idea to look into third party ear tips, as while we do try to make sure one of the ear tips will be a good fit a customer, there are some many different shapes and sizes that its not always the right fit. 

I would also encourage other community members to share their ideas, experiences and solutions with you.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

I where them daily, so I think that me wearing them all the time has been causing a lot of irritation. This is also the first pair that has the stayhear + tips.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Musicman15,

Thanks for getting back in touch, okay that might be the case that the longwear is causing irritation. However, this is most certainly not what we want you to be experiencing, it still is a possibility that they are irritating your ears because even the smallest of tips are still too big. My suggestion would be perhaps to look into third party ear tip options to try to get some tips that are even smaller if you feel that might help? 

There is also the possibility that you are having an allergic reaction while this is rare, it might be worth bearing in mind; the StayHear+ Tips are made from 100% Silicone.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

I'm having the similar issue.

I've created another thread.