Highlighted
Therealwoden
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Bose soundsport headphones get disconnected by the pool or beach

I just bought a new pair of bose soundsport headphones. They work perfectly indoors but when lounging by the pool or beach (away from water), under the sun, they get disconnected every 5-10 mins. I updated the firmware offered by the app, updated phone software (iPhone 7 iOS), phone, headphones etc and it still happens. It’s incredibly frustrating. They work well with my pc at home but when under the sun they get disconnected randomly. Sometimes they work for 30 mins, other times they don’t even last 5 mins. When i go jogging under the sun this doesn’t happen, however. I don’t own additional mobile devices to try, but the phone is brand new (2 months). I tried with the jabra headphones (different brand) and they work fine and don’t loose connection. When the bose soundsport phones get disconnected, the light blinks white and I have to plug them into the charging box so they turn off and on again, because it’s impossible to turn them off without plugging them in. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bose soundsport headphones get disconnected by the pool or beach

Hey Therealwoden!

Thank you kindly for reaching out to the community, I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble that your headphones are giving you, it certainly is odd behavior.  It sounds like it's time to reach out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to give you more information on your available options.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

Shiloh_C