Reveri3
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Bose soundsport low volume

Hi there,

Firstly, i know i have seen some posts in regards to the sound level on these but those post  didnt get any conclusion from bose at the end. Hence, im having to start my own post.

It seems there have been lots of reports and even in reviews by whathifi they observed the volume on the low side for these headphones. I've tried them on Apple/android and other systems and sound is same. I understand that the reason for this could be as this product is targeted towards the  crowd who do not want complete isolation but i still think the sound levels should be allowed to set higher. It seems something which could be possible by a simple update.

My question really is, firstly, has Bose acknowledge this low volume complaints? and secondly, if they acknowledge it, then what have they decided. Are you planning to fix this in the next update if answer is yes to previous questions?

I love the sound on these headphones but such a shame about the volume! 😞 i beg you please do something! 

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Bose soundsport low volume

Hi Reveri3,

Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns.  I just have one question to clarify - which SoundSport headphones are you referring to, the SoundSport Free's or SoundSport Wireless?

I just want to make sure that I'm providing you with the best and most accurate information.

Have a lovely day,

Shiloh_C 

Reveri3
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Hi Shiloh,

I am referring to Bose soundsport wireless.

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi Reveri3!

Thanks for getting back to me.  If the volume is up on your source device it sounds like it could be a defective pair.  I would like to suggest a couple troubleshooting steps for you to give a try.  Let's start with a reset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you complete the reset let's clear the paired list on the headphones and start with a fresh connection.  To clear the pairing list you'll want to press and hold the power/Bluetooth button until you hear a voice prompt notifying you that the list is cleared, this will take about 10 seconds.  

If you try these steps and it doesn't help then it seems like it's time to reach out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Give me an update if you can?

Have a lovely day and take care,

Shiloh_C 

dasc@rvparkreviewer.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Bose soundsport low volume

I just purchased these headsets and the sound quaility is amazing, however, the volume level is much lower than I expected from a superior product. This headset has 20% less volume levels than the original Apple ear pods. I have lost 33% of my hearing, so I need that extra 20% volume. How can I increase the volume level on these headsets? Please Advise!

enthusiast
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

Hey dasc@rvparkreviewer.com,

If you're on iOS, try the following steps:

Proceed to Settings and scroll to Music

1. Scroll down and make sure your equalizer is set to "off"

2. Volume limit to "off"

3. And Sound Check is Disabled.

If you're on Android:

1. Disable any equalizer settings as the Headphone has a built in Active-EQ

2. Ramp up the volume on your phone to maximum and then proceed to controlling it from the headphone(Works with Android devices that use independent volume control)

Hope this helps!

Reveri3
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Bit late reply but many thanks for all the suggestions made so far.

i have made another discovery which will stop people from suggesting looking into settings ( my phone EQ/Vol Limit/SoundCheck always been off) or resetting headset. The low volume issue was reported on the review, a lot of people on this forum and now, my work colleague just returned from US who purchased this same headset in bose store there and he is having EXACTLY same issue, turning volume up either from control on the headset or phone makes no difference.

after a bit of my own research, i made one discovery that should eliminate all issues related to settings and this is, I have now found some songs that play really loud and i actually have to turn the volume down but then when i return to my other songs, the volume is really low again. This can not possibly be anything to do with the settings.

The only thing after discovering that some songs play loud and fine and some dont, make me highly suspect the configuration of the inbuilt auto-eq. And one more thing, the songs which do go loud, i find that the sound at the higher end actually starts sounding a bit harsh.

Jacqi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

I am having the same issue. Have you had any luck with the company on a fix and or exchange ?

Hey Jacqi!

If you're having issues with your headphones I would definitely recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you from there!

Take care and have a wonderful evening,

Shiloh 

Jules2u
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Often times ear wax builds up with "cylinder" part of the earbuds that goes in your ear(remove ear tips) which will reduce the sound. Soak the cylinder part of your ear buds in hydrogen peroxide for 5mins and let dry. It also helps to blow in them after you soak them.