HONG
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

Bose soundsport wireless earphone rubber casing falling apart

I purchased Bose soundsport wireless earphones from Airport DutyFree shop in Seoul, South Korea.

For a while, I've been using it happilly.

But the rubber casing of right-ear-side is getting loose as below.

Since then, I've lost power button inside and now it is really difficult to turn it on and off.

loosen_rubber_casing.jpg

The sound system works fine till now.

I just want to change the rubber casing and the power button get fixed.

Unfortunately when I called the Service centre in Seoul(no global site of My country..), they said they cannot fix earphones.

They suggest me to buy new one(about $140) which is way too much.

It is a base defeat from the very first time of this model, so I don't think buying a new one can be the solution.

Is there any way to get through this problem?

Or at least let me buy those parts(rubber casing, power button) from you guys then I will repair this with my own hands.

Or can I send mine to other service centre near Korea with resonable price?

I expected more quality and better services. That's what I paid for.

I trusted you, Bose. You made me sign up this website. Don't let me down anymore 😞

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
nikkorman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Re: Bose soundsport wireless earphone rubber casing falling apart

Similar issue. My Plantronics Backbeat FIT, wihch costs less held up much better thatn the Soundsport Wireless. 

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. I just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we hear your concerns and know it’s frustrating when a product stops functioning properly. We stand by our products and have options available should your headphones require service even out of warranty. Generally, those options would be a replacement headphone at a discounted rate because we don't usually repair headphones.  If you have an issue that is not something which can be resolved via troubleshooting, we encourage you to work closely with your local support team. They are equipped to assist in providing your service options and get you back up and running. Please click here and kindly select your region on the list for the best available contact information.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

HONG
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

There is no South Korea on the page you suggested and I 've already mentioned that there is no global site for South Korea. disgraceful.

Hi Hong,

Sorry for the confusion. Here is a link to local support in South Korea.

Regards,

Tony G

Paddy Fields
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inputs, but I want to let you this from a customer point of view. You said and I quote: "...because we don't usually repair headphones..."  Irrespective of what the company policy is, your customers might just turn around and say, "... because we don't usually buy headphones that the company will badly design..." and turn to other products. Please understand, while your message is trying to be encouraging, the content itself is not; this statement is exactly why someone will avoid buying Soundsport and look for alternatives. I suggest you evaluate your posts, even if they are the standard commentry company line (if they are). This, irrespective of how the issues get resolved, or not. 

Cheers!

Ananth.