BobC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Bose soundsport wireless keeps pausing/disconnecting

Greetings.  I have a pair of Soundsport Wireless earbuds that have worked well with my iphone X.  I upgreaded to the Xs last week, and my earbuds are now terrible.  They randomly disconnect now, and sometimes I can hear but the mic stops working.  I updated the firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, hard restarted the iphone several times and nothing works.  I'm back to using my wired Bose headset and that's a pain.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose soundsport wireless keeps pausing/disconnecting

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Okay, we have gone through all the possible troubleshooting to try to resolve the issue. It seems there is an issue with the headphones and they may need to be exchanged, I would recommend calling the customer care team as they will be able to advise you further.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hi BobC, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, however I would love to help.

Firstly, I would recommend performing a product reset on the headphones. This can be performed by:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

I would also recommend that you remove the Bose product from the devices Bluetooth device list, as well as from the Bose Connect app. 

Please update us once you have performed these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
BobC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

OK, did all that, even uninstalled and reinstalled the Bose Connect app.  We'll see if anything improves.

Highlighted

Hi BobC, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Please update me on if this improves. 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
BobC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

None of that worked.  It's disconnected twice today, and once I could hear, but the mic didn't work.  There CLEARLY is a software problem between the Bose earbuds and the new iphone Xs.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello BobC,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your Soundsport headphones. I would recommend trying a manual update, please follow the steps below:

Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable (included) is required for this update

• Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.

• Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product

• Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater

• Click "Download" to download the updater

• Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB

• If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains

• Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe c

Highlighted
BobC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

I've already done that.  I'll try it again.

Highlighted
BobC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.23.54 PM.png

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello BobC,

Okay, so try testing the headphones after doing the manual update and let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
BobC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Same problem.  About halfway through a conference call today, the buds just disconnected.  If I put them back in the case, they reactivated.  BTW, the ONLY happens on the phone, not while playing music.