Rmwestjr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Both Earbuds Working for Phone Calls

I am really disappointed in Bose earbud technology or design. Both earbuds do not work when making calls. Other products like the Jabra 65T do provide this function. I really want to get a Bose and have to settle for another brand. It seems Bose wants to keep someone from breaking the law since some states allow only one earbud while driving. If that is the reason, it is pretty stupid. If I used a system that only used on earbud, I would have to keep the muted one in my ear anyway to block out noise so I could hear the caller. A cop would see that and stop me in those states where it is illegal. Regardless, I will purchase another brand unfortunately since I hear better in my left ear than the forced right ear.
3 REPLIES 3
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Both Earbuds Working for Phone Calls

I guess Bose doesn’t want to be an accomplice to help you break state driving laws.
Rmwestjr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

That is analogous to a beer company not willing to sell their product, because someone might drink and drive.

The designers assumed five things: 1. The user will wear them while they are driving. Most cars sold today have Bluetooth systems. People will use their car systems to talk while driving rather than the earbuds. 2. People only hear better out of their right ear. Some people hear better out of their left ear. They should have at least made the working earbud a user-selectable option. 3. People will remove the left earbud while driving. If people do drive and use them, most people would keep in their left ear bud to drown out ambient noise so they could hear the caller. 4. It’s not illegal in all states (it’s not). 5. There is no worthy competition.
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Bose hasn't stopped selling their products so your analogy doesn't cut it. Your assumptions are incorrect but I'm not wasting any more of my time discussing it.

In the mean time where do you live and what kind of vehicle do you drive? If I see you coming I can take extra precautions.