Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estubbs
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Bug: QC35 firmware 1.2.9 and PlayStation Vita

As requested by Tony in the other thread, I'll create this thread to track this issue separately. There's at least a second replicable bug for the QC35 1.2.9 firmware that needs looking into.

Bluetooth connectivity to a PlayStation Vita was working in the previous firmware and is now no longer working with the new firmware. The QC35s will sync with the PlayStation Vita but they will not carry audio - despite being successfully paired, all audio still comes through the Vita's speakers.

Details are below:

• PlayStation Vita model PCH-1002 (AP verison of PCH-1000)
  • PlayStation Vita firmware v3.63
  • Bose Connect v3.1
  • QC35 firmware v1.2.9

Audio works via cabled connection but not via Bluetooth.

Furthermore I've tested Bluetooth connectivity between a Meizu EP51 and the PlayStation Vita and have successfully paired and sent audio from the Meizu EP51 to the PlayStation Vita, indicating the problem is not with the Vita.

I can isolate the problem to the firmware update on the QC35, indicating a bug.

The bug has been replicated by user Calamarik in the other thread, indicating that it's a general issue and not related specifically to my headphones.

Will appreciate your looking into and resolving this, as the headphones as they stand are faulty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
estubbs
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Re: Bug: QC35 firmware 1.2.9 and PlayStation Vita

Author Accepted Answer selected by estubbs

I've updated to 1.2.10 and everything is working correctly now. Thanks!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

estubbs,

Thank you for the post with so much detail! For troubleshooting can you try clearing the headset and pairing it to another device(cell phone, tablet, etc.)? It would aid to see if the connection issue is consistent over multiple devices.

Let us know

Tony

estubbs
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Thanks for the response. I've cleared all connections and re-paired then with everything, starting with the Vita to make sure there isn't an issue with pairing with multiple devices. Results were as follows:

• Vita alone: No audio from Vita
  • Vita and iPhone: No audio from Vita, audio from iPhone
  • Vita and iPad: No audio from Vita, audio from iPad
  • iPhone and iPad: Audio from iPhone and iPad
Calamarik
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Got the exact same problem with my psvita slim.

It was working before the update. I tried with another blutooth headset and its working.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

We have access to some PlayStation Vitas and will try and replicate some of the issues described. In the meantime could anyone experiencing any issues specifically to the Vita also let us know with as much data as possible?

We would like to know :

1. What version software are you running on your headset?

2. What other devices have you tried it on with results?

3. What are the symptoms?

Thank you

Tony

estubbs
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

See above for my software details. Other devices I've used the headphones with are an iPad and an iPhone. Both work as expected with the headphones.

Symptoms are that the headphones successfully pair to the Vita but will not play any audio from the Vita. Instead, all the audio comes out of the Vita's in-device speakers, as if there were no headphones paired at all.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Thanks for all the updates,

While we investigate the issues with the Vita, we have offered a way to roll back the update. HERE is a link to the post with more details. If you decide to use the steps please post your results with the Vita here. It would aid the process if we had more details.

Let us know

Tony

estubbs
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Tony,

Rolling back to 1.0.6 allows the headphones to pair and successfully stream audio to the QC35. On reverting back to the previous firmware, everything works as expected.

Whatever's wrong, it's clearly to do with 1.2.9!

Evan

Jason_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

@estubbs - Thank you for the additional details.  It seems that I'm seeing similar results.  

Traditionally, I have never been able to successfully pair the Vita (PCH-1101 US Version) with my QC35 headphones running any version of firmware.  They simply have never showed up as an available device in the Vita's Bluetooth settings. 

I did roll back to 1.0.6 from 1.2.9 and have not noticed any change in this behavior. I did not that my Vita was in need of an update from 3.6.1 and once that was installed, I cleared the pairing lists on both my headphones and Vita, and they connected without an issue.  

To fully validate the issue, I need to update my QC35's again to 1.2.9 to confirm that they will again, not pair or pair and not produce audio from the Vita.  This will take me some time to complete, but I wanted to provide an update here now.

Any other users here reading this with a QC35/Vita problem, be sure that your Vita has been updated to 3.6.3 and try rolling back the QC35 headphones to 1.0.6 to confirm that it resolves the issue.  Please report your findings here.

Thank you. 

sockatume
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Just to add my two cents, my Vita and QC35 are also on the latest firmware and have this problem. The Vita and QC35 see each other and pair successfully, and will continue to connect and disconnect as normal. The Vita's Settings page for Bluetooth devices lists the QC35 and lists the three required audio profiles as present (A2DP, HSP, AVRCP). However it does not recognise the QC35 as headphones. The field that lists the type of device is blank. My other bluetooth headphones are correctly identified by the Vita, as were the QC35 until the update.