moomber
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Can firmware update allow listening with noise cancelling, while charging ? (QC 35 II)

On long trips / flights, or when one forgets to charge the QC 35 II, would it be possible to allow charging, while also listening to wireless content with noise cancelling ? Is this a software fixable / supportable feature ?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can firmware update allow listening with noise cancelling, while charging ? (QC 35 II)

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi moomber,

Thanks for posting. That is a great question. You are correct, you cannot use the QC35 II while it is charging. That is something that would not be remedied with a software update. It would be more of a hardware limitation. I would agree with @nikkorman that it is a limitation of most modern headsets.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6
nikkorman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Re: Can firmware update allow listening with noise cancelling, while charging ? (QC 35 II)

IN my experience, probably not. Once charging, modern devices only want to charge. 

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi moomber,

Thanks for posting. That is a great question. You are correct, you cannot use the QC35 II while it is charging. That is something that would not be remedied with a software update. It would be more of a hardware limitation. I would agree with @nikkorman that it is a limitation of most modern headsets.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

krasi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

I am really  curious on what causes this limitation?  Technically I can't think of any issues to use the power from the charger to power all components and charge the battery at the same time. 

It is like not beeing able to use your phone while being charged.

Highlighted
Legitti
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

You can do this if you use it in wired mode (2 wires; one for the charger and other for 3.5mm)

krasi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

@Legitti  thanks , that is usefull to know, but I am still interested in a technical reply to my original question.

grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

What Tony is saying is that with the way the current QC35ii headphones are designed they cannot be made to charge/operate differently by mere software or firmware changes. Your headphones would require different hardware (electronics) to do that. Phones can do it because they are designed that way, the QC35ii apparently are not. Its a good idea though and maybe they'll come out with such a design in the future but in the meantime they are what they are.