bmorrisonnyc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Can't Get Two Micro Soundlinks to Successfully Pair with iPhone 7 to listen to music in stereo.

Only once did my new Micro Soundlink speakers successfully pair in stereo with each other via my iPhone 7 and Bose connect. I can see that both are linked via blue tooth to my phone, but the pairing effort through Bose Connect simply times out. I have tried deleting Bose Connect and reinstalling. Doesn't work. Have tried forgetting device. Doesn't work. Can anyone assist with some step by step instructions? Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't Get Two Micro Soundlinks to Successfully Pair with iPhone 7 to listen to music in stereo.

Author Accepted Answer selected by bmorrisonnyc

bmorrisonnyc

Thanks for the great question! The way that would actually work is, you would pair one speaker to the iPhone7 and then pair the second speaker to the first either by using the Bose Connect app or by following these steps

To enable Party and Stereo mode using the speaker buttons, follow these steps:

1. Turn both speakers on.
  2. Make sure at least one speaker is paired with your mobile device.
  3. On the speaker connected to your device, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously.
  4. Release the buttons when you hear “Press the Bluetooth and volume down buttons simultaneously on a second Bose device.”
  5. On the second speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons simultaneously.
  6. Release the buttons when the speaker emits a tone. After 10 seconds, you will hear “Party mode” from both speakers simultaneously. Party mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in unison using your device.
  7. Once you are in Party Mode, press the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously on the second speaker.
  8. Release the buttons when you hear “Stereo mode.” You will immediately hear “Left” from the left speaker and “Right” from the right speaker. Stereo mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in stereo using your mobile device.

If you could give that a try and please let us know?

Have a great day!

Tony

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't Get Two Micro Soundlinks to Successfully Pair with iPhone 7 to listen to music in stereo.

Author Accepted Answer selected by bmorrisonnyc

bmorrisonnyc

Thanks for the great question! The way that would actually work is, you would pair one speaker to the iPhone7 and then pair the second speaker to the first either by using the Bose Connect app or by following these steps

To enable Party and Stereo mode using the speaker buttons, follow these steps:

1. Turn both speakers on.
  2. Make sure at least one speaker is paired with your mobile device.
  3. On the speaker connected to your device, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously.
  4. Release the buttons when you hear “Press the Bluetooth and volume down buttons simultaneously on a second Bose device.”
  5. On the second speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons simultaneously.
  6. Release the buttons when the speaker emits a tone. After 10 seconds, you will hear “Party mode” from both speakers simultaneously. Party mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in unison using your device.
  7. Once you are in Party Mode, press the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously on the second speaker.
  8. Release the buttons when you hear “Stereo mode.” You will immediately hear “Left” from the left speaker and “Right” from the right speaker. Stereo mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in stereo using your mobile device.

If you could give that a try and please let us know?

Have a great day!

Tony

Highlighted
bmorrisonnyc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Thank you very much!!!!

bmorrisonnyc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

The instructions provided by Tony allowed me to connect two Micro Soundlinks to my Macbook Pro, and play them in party/stereo mode. Yes it is more complicated that Bose Connect, but the Bose Connect app doesn't work on a Macbook. This is a great work around, that with time, I won't have to read the instructions any more. Thank you Tony!!!

Hi bmorrisonnyc

Thanks for updating us, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Tony