Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Cannot connect to Alexa or Google Assistant - QuietComfort 35 II

I just got a pair of QC 35 II and had no problem connecting it to both my iMac and iPhone. I then pressed the action button and Alexa said something like "Sorry I can't hear that, try again later"... so I tried connecting in the Alexa app and it said "We are having trouble pairing with your device". I tried Google Assistant and got the same message. The problem is not with Bluetooth it would appear, but something in the software.

Now no matter what I do, when pressing the action button, the default Bose voice says "Open the Alexa app and try again". I want to know how to actually reset this to factory settings. I've done everything. I've cleared the Bluetooth device list, followed the "reset" (plug in to power source and wait, unplug -- what a joke), rebooted my iPhone (6S), cleared the Bluetooth on my phone, reinstalled both Alexa and Bose Connect apps, installed new firmware in Bose Connect, renamed the headphones, cleared the name -- everything. 

Does anyone here have an idea for how to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Re: Cannot connect to Alexa or Google Assistant - QuietComfort 35 II

Author Accepted Answer selected by bluetoothwombat

I got it solved. Out of sheer curiosity, I pressed and held the action button while the Alexa app was searching for the headphones. A prompt came up allowing me to select my device. I clicked it, and Alexa finally worked. Bizarre.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by bluetoothwombat

I got it solved. Out of sheer curiosity, I pressed and held the action button while the Alexa app was searching for the headphones. A prompt came up allowing me to select my device. I clicked it, and Alexa finally worked. Bizarre.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi bluetoothwombat,

Thanks for the information. That should help a lot of users.  Come back and post anytime!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support