Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfjohnston
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

Cannot update QC35 II using computer

I have QC35 II headphones, MAC computer with Safari (current software). Voice prompts are enabled and the left ear cup button is set for Noise Cancellation. I downloaded the Bose updater and installed. With the updater running, I connected the headphones with the supplied Bose usb cable. The result was the web page never changes.  I was able to update the firmware using the Bose Connect App and an iphone 7. With the new firmware installed, I tried again with the same result: the headphones were not recongnized by the computer.

I also have Bose free earbuds. I sucessfully updated them with the same procedure. 

Any idea why the QC35 II is not recongnized?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dfjohnston
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

Re: Cannot update QC35 II using computer

Author Accepted Answer selected by dfjohnston

I discovered the problem. It was the cable that came with the QC35 II headphones. I used the cable from my Bose Free headphones and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dfjohnston
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by dfjohnston

I discovered the problem. It was the cable that came with the QC35 II headphones. I used the cable from my Bose Free headphones and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi dfjohnston,

Thanks for writing in!  

Glad to hear it was a simple fix and definitely let us know if you have any other questions.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

dfjohnston
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

I do have a question. The USB cable that came with my QC35 II is 24" long and is a charge only cable. It is narrow like the audio cable. Is this correct cable that was intended to go with the QC35 II?

For comparison, the cable that came with my Soundsport Free is fatter, 12" long and is a charge / sync cable (more pins connected).

Obviously, if you are supplying a charge only cable it is not going work with the updater.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi dfjohnston,

Thanks for posting. The USB cable that comes with the QC35 II is the cable you would use to update your headphones using the online updater. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support