agoulding
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Cant connect my soundsport wireless to tile

<p>Hi I am having trouble connecting my new Bose soundsport wireless ear buds to Tile. They connect to my phone fine its just the tile app. Every time i try to connect i keep getting the message: "<strong>Oops there was a problem with activation. to fix this problem toggle airplane mode on and off, tap try again"</strong>&nbsp;(I did this multiple times and still not working). This is what i have tried so far:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>1. I have download the bose connect app and installed firmware update 2.7.7.</p>
<p>2. I also updated the headphones through my pc at btu.bose.com</p>
<p>3. Tried restarting phone, clearing bluetooth device list, turning airplane mode on and off</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>My phone is a huawei p30 lite running android pie</p>
11 REPLIES 11
Hector_B

Re: Cant connect my soundsport wireless to tile

Hi agoulding, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I would love to assist you further on this! 

I would recommend that you read this article on how to connect the Tile with your SoundSport Headphones, if the error issue still persists I would recommend that you delete both apps and reinstall them.  

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
faniefiets
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I have the same problem. Bought the earphones yesterday and this was the final reason why I bought these instead of a competitor. 

After deleting and reinstalling apps still have the problem. Updated bose firmware to 2.7.7 . Samsung S9, Android 9, security patch  may 2019.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello agoulding,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your SoundSport Wireless earphones. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, have you tried connecting on another device? 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Samggreenberg
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

I'm having very similar problems: every time I try to connect the soundsport headphones in the Tile app, I get the "Oops, there was a problem. Turn airplane mode on and off and try again. "

I read the article linked above. I've restarted phone and headphones. I tried the airplane mode trick. All no good.

I can listen to the headphones just fine. I can connect other Tiles fine. I just can't get the headphones to connect to Tile.

Thanks for your help. 

-Sam

Hector_B

Hi Samggreenberg, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are also having a similar issue with connecting your Tile to your headphones. 

Can you please confirm if you are able to connect the headphones to any other devices and if the issue is only with the Tile? I would recommend that you ensure that you have your location services enabled on your device for both the Tile app and the Bose App. This can be found under Privacy > Location Services > On. 

Please update me on the result of this and if any other users are experiencing this please do let us know if you how you resolved this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
cata555
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

From reading all these comments im starting to thinkg the Tile thing doesnt work at all or that there is a bug in the communication of the app an the headphones, we have tried with three different bose headphones to connect to the Tile App and after restarting, turning locations on and off, setting on to plane mode etc nothing works i only get the "Oops, there was a problem. Turn airplane mode on and off and try again. "

Onyx_27
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

Im having the same problem. I bought my headset yesterday and updated the firmware. Tried to connect it to tile and it keeps on making me do the airplane on and off mode thing. Tried to restart my phone, uninstall and re install bose connect and tile but didn't help at all. Is there a solution for this one already?

Jeff_G

Hello @Onyx_27 and @cata555

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

If you haven't already, please try the instructions provided in the article posted by Hector_B:

HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY BOSE SOUNDSPORT WIRELESS HEADPHONES?

-Simply download the Tile app

-Create and confirm your account
-Open the Tile app and tap the "+" sign, then tap to select "Bose SoundSport wireless earbuds”
-Follow the on-screen instructions - you’ll want to make sure the headphones are charged and powered on in order to activate the Tile
-Hold your headphones close to your phone until you see the successful message that activation has completed
-After adding the Bose SoundSport Wireless to your Tile account, you'll be able to locate and ring your headphones
-Note: If the SoundSport headphones are not appearing in the Tile app, uninstall and reinstall the Tile app.

Further to this, to troubleshoot further, please ensure: 

1. Make sure the firmware is up to date, Tile integration was not added until later on (October 31, 2018) so SoundLink Wireless headphones running an older firmware version will be unable to communicate. 

2. If you haven't already, test with another smartphone to see if the same issue occurs. 

3. If you updated the firmware, I would recommend unpairing the headphones then establish a new connection. To clear the device list, turn the headphones off, then, turn them back on, but continue to

hear the power button until you hear "Device list cleared."

4. Uninstall the Tile app, and re-install it, ensure it is fully up to date. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Jeff G

JayFlaxman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

I bought mine today and I was initially getting the same message. However, I followed Jeff G's instructions above to unpair them and then, without pairing again, I opened the Tile app and set them up there first. Bit crazy that you're expected to set up the Tile feature before you set them up as earphones but 🤷🏼‍♂️ it works.