Highlighted
PHNX1602
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Catastrophic failure of QC 35 mark 1

I have Owned a set of Bose qc35 mark 1 for just over two years now and they worked absolutely flawless for those two years.  Just passed the two-year mark they suffered a catastrophic failure. The Bluetooth tried to connect to my iPhone approximately a dozen times unsuccessfully, then the headphones just shut off and I have not been able to get them to power up or take a charge anymore.  I have contacted Bose about the situation and they say that they will not be repaired. And that they would offer me a discount on the Mark II.  Seems a little ridiculous to me to spend $175 per year for headphones only to have them fail and I'm not sure what I can expect out of any new products from Bose really not happy right now just want my old Mark 1s to work correctly.  The other thing that worries me is I have steered several co-workers in the direction of buying these headphones not looking forward dealing with them if they have the same situation!  Is there a place I can send these headphones to to get them properly repaired the Bose will stand by? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Catastrophic failure of QC 35 mark 1

Hi PHNX1602,

Thanks for posting. We are very sorry for all the trouble you have experienced with your headphones. We understand it's frustrating when a product stops working properly. We generally don't repair headphones but would rather replace them with a new pair. Even beyond the warranty period, we try to provide service options that would involve a replacement at a discounted rate. For the available options for your situation, we would encourage you to continue to work closely with your local support team for assistance. 

Regards,

Tony G

PHNX1602
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Re: Catastrophic failure of QC 35 mark 1

Well no offense but really not looking forward to going through the same thing and another 2 years after spending $250 for the upgraded version! I just bought a $30 pair of Headphones on wish and there's really not much difference except for the ANC not working as well as the QC35. So I guess this will be good bye and if I do decide to go more expensive route I'm going to have to pursue a different brand!!