Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MdBot
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Charging and retaining battery life

I purchased the SoundSport Bluetooth headphones probably about 3 months ago now and they are fantastic but lately I have had an issue with the battery life and charging. The headphones sometimes won't charge to 100% at most maybe 90% and if I can get them to 100% they lose battery life quickly while turned off. This morning I let my headphones charge to 90% which is the max it would go the indicator light showed green and it took me 15 minutes to get to work and when I finally turned them on there the voice informed me the battery life had already dropped to 70% without being turned on. Is there any solution or coming firmware update that may fix this issue. I really do enjoy these headphones but I took a huge cut in battery life already when switching from my LGs which I could charge once and use for two days of constant use without having to charge once. Please help.
160 REPLIES 160
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Charging and retaining battery life

Hi MdBot,

Sorry to hear about that - that's a frustrating issue and not typical of the Bose experience, let's get you back to being able to enjoy your headphones!  Firstly let's try a reset of the headphones - I have included the steps for this below:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If this does not help remedy the issue then I would recommend reaching out to customer support here - select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  With support, you can discuss your available options.

If you can - come back and give us an update?

Thanks,

Shiolh_C 

MdBot
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Sorry for the delayed response. I gave that method a try and it has not fixed the issue. Currently the headphones seem to have gotten worse . I plug the headphones in and it will charge for maybe 15 minutes and then from yellow to green. When I turn them on the voice says it's at 100% but just after 5 or 10 minutes of use I'll check the Bose app and it shows the battery life had dropped to 20% battery life. What's going on?
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@MdBot 

Thanks for responding. If you have tried the steps offered by Shiloh_C and you are still having issues, I would recommend contacting your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Tony

Vishnu
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

I purchased mine a day back and I find the same problem in my headset too. I’ve repeated these steps but I still find the same issue.I charge it to full and after few mins I find that the battery is dead or 20%. This happens to me quite often. Can there be any help regarding this?
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Vishnu!

Thanks for joining the conversation and I'm very sorry that your SoundSports are giving you trouble. It sounds like your best option at this point is to reach out to customer support which you can do by clicking this link, selecting your country, and scrolling down to where you see "Contact us".  Please feel free to keep us updated and best of luck!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Shiloh_C 

arnefaaberg60
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Hi

I returned one pair due to the issues described.  It took less than a month and I had max 20%.  Got a new pair and after 2 months same is happening again, but now max 50%. I do not believe in coincidence and my guess Bose have had a production issue.   

When in this is said I am a great Bose fan, have been for years and have been extremely satisfied.  The issues I have now dies not correspond to what I am used to. Very annoying as I will be without a headset again for 2-3 weeks

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

arnefaaberg60,

Thank you kindly for sharing your experience with the community.  I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue again.  We appreciate your being a long time customer of Bose and this is not typical of the Bose experience.  Let me DM you to see if I can help make the process a bit easier.  

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

sarahmichele
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

I'm having the same issue - thought it was the charging case but tried charging directly on a power source and the issue got even worse. I seemed to max out at 70%, now 50%, and my headphones are only two weeks old.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Sara!

That was a great idea trying connecting directly to a power source. Thanks for posting but I'm sorry to hear about that, that's certainly not what you should be experiencing two weeks in.  Let me reach out to you to see what we can do here.

Have a lovely day and thanks for being part of the community.

Take care,

Shiloh_C