Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Comfort 35 II no sound!

Hi I have recently upgraded my mobile phone, when connecting my new new phone to the headset i get all the notifications and no media. 

I have tried;

to alter Bluetooth settings

repair device

remove device history (on headphones)

The phone has recently updated to android 10 unsure if this has anything to do with it, however i have managed to connect a old cheap pair of headphones with no issues what so ever, as you can imagine £300 earphones 2 days and now having to post online to try find a solution is not what you expect when you buy these headphones.

Thanks

Andy

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Comfort 35 II no sound!

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this particular issue with your QC35 II's.

To confirm, you were able to hear media through the headphones with your previous phone?

My first recommendation would be to reset the headphones by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Additionally, I would suggest ensuring that the headphones are running the latest available firmware version. The best way to do this is to visit btu.bose.com on your computer and follow the instructions.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Hi to confirm I have completed all the above and still no luck. I have changed from a Samsung s8 to a pixel 3aXL all software is updated and I'm still currently having issues

Also the sound (media) has not worked since I got my new phone

Highlighted

Hello Andy, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I am sorry to hear about this. 

Are you able to test the headphones using the audio cable as opposed to Bluetooth?

Do you still have the previous phone that the headphones did work on? I'd be interested to test this, as it is very possible that this problem has coincidentally happened at the same time, leading you to believe it was specific to your new phone.

Should the issue still occur, then I would highly recommend contacting your local customer service team to explore service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Sound with the Jack is great

Using my old phone after repairing works fine, doing the same process whilst deleting my device history I still have no audio

Highlighted

Hello Andy, 

Would it be possible for you to go to Settings > Connected devices > Click the toggle button > and check that 'media audio' is enabled.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

That's on I've made sure of it

Highlighted

Hi Andy,

Thanks for checking this. I have a few more questions to help us really understand what is happening:

Which sources are you playing media from?

Do you have anything else paired at the same time, such as a smartwatch?

When you hear no audio, does it come through the phone's internal speakers at all?

Are you able to connect within the Bose Connect app?

Can you hear phone calls?

If you take a video, can you hear it back?

I look forward to your responses.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Which sources are you playing media from? Spotify, i also tried youtube

Do you have anything else paired at the same time, such as a smartwatch? No

When you hear no audio, does it come through the phone's internal speakers at all? No 

Are you able to connect within the Bose Connect app? Yes, ive updated via this and manually through my laptop.

Can you hear phone calls? Not tried as i dont use them for this

If you take a video, can you hear it back? I have not tried this

Highlighted

Hi T25UNR, 

Thanks for answering those. 

Do you have any other Bluetooth headphones to test with the phone? If so please can you try this. 

Also please can you test the headphones with another device, we need to look to isolate where the issue lies so that we can provide accurate troubleshooting. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W