Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Comm headset suggestion for private plane passengers?

I was wondering if anyone could suggest an appropriate set of noise cancelling headphones for two passengers on a private plane to be able chat with one another privately? 

I was hoping to find a set of headsets that a couple of passengers on a plane can have private conversations in-flight when desired, but still be able to listen to music from their phones when not actively having a conversation. Does such a headset exist? 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Comm headset suggestion for private plane passengers?

Hello Air_comm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Regrettably, we do not really have any headsets that will match these unique requirements. Our aviation headsets can act in this way, but you need a comms system to plug them into which I'm assuming is not available as a passenger nor is it private. I'd be happy to forward your request along to our development team for future consideration and I wish you the best of luck in your search for this particular headset. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted

Hello Air_comm,

I have received communication from the development team and we would like to seek some further information. 

• What type of private plane are you using?
  • What is the volume of passengers?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Thanks for the questions -

The aircraft is a 2013 Beechcraft King Air 350i, and the number of passengers does vary. However, for the purposes of this headset search, two passengers will be the usual situation where some personal comm headsets will be used.

Cheers

Highlighted

Hi Air_comm,

Thank you for this information. Unlike older aircraft and intercom systems, many newer planes are outfitted with an intercom that does support an isolation mode, like you are requesting. It sounds like you might be unsure if your intercom supports this so our best advice would be to check with your local avionics shop.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Warm regards.

Charlotte G