nanashanna
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

DO NOT WANT TO PAIR noise cancelling headphones

We bought Q35 noise cancelling headphones with blue tooth capability. My husband DOES NOT WANT TO USE THEM PAIRED TO ANY DEVICE. How do I bypass the "ready to pair" blue tooth prompts so he/we can use them for NOISE CANCELLING only?

4 REPLIES 4
Pilou42
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Re: DO NOT WANT TO PAIR noise cancelling headphones

If you use Bose connect app, there's a setting to replace this voice by a little sound.

Careful though, if you install Bose connect app, it will try to update your headset and offer you a bad ANC. Just never click on "update" button.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi nanashanna!

That's a great question.  How you can bypass the Bluetooth connection is by using the audio cable included in the packaging (link HERE).  Once you connect the cable the wired connection will take priority over the connection. and you should be all set to listen!

I hope this helped and please let me know if I can do anything further,

Shiloh_C

Tamrynstorm
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hi there, just a clarifying question! If I have my aux cable plugged into the headphones, will my headphones automatically stop trying to connect to my phone via Bluetooth? I sometimes use them to sleep and would prefer to know they are not trying to connect continuously while on my head for many hours. Or, if the cable was not connected, would the Bluetooth signal stop attempting a connection after a certain amount of tries? At that point would I no longer be draining the battery with Bluetooth and only using my battery for noise cancellation? Thank you so much!!
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey  Tamrynstorm!

Thank you so kindly for joining the conversation and reaching out here.  As long as the audio cable is plugged in to your headphones they will not be sending out a Bluetooth signal, the audio cable completely overrides the headphone's ability to connect via Bluetooth. 

If there is not a cable connected then Bluetooth will be attempting to connect so you'd be better off using the cable based off of what you're describing.

I hope this helps answer your question!

Let me know if you need anything else?

I hope that you and yours have a wonderful and joyful New Year!

Take care,

Shiloh_C