DankVader.EXE
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Defective Bose SoundSport Free

I recently bought Bose SoundSport Free earbuds from Beirut Airport DutyFree in Lebanon, after I opened them, the earbuds worked fine for 5 mins before the left earbud stopped working. It wasn't losing connection since the button worked and the bluetooth light was on. I went to the local bose dealer and they said that company policy was to take the earbuds to the repairshop which would take 10 days which is, when you have an asking price of 250$, excessive especially when a product is defective out of the box and I'm now left without earphones.

Thank you for your understanding.

6 REPLIES 6
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Defective Bose SoundSport Free

Hello DankVader.EXE, 

We appreciate that you wrote into the community. We are sorry to hear about your experience and can understand how frustrating that can be, especially so soon. Please update us on how everything works out for you.

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support

DankVader.EXE
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Thank you for your concern

About my case, customer serice said they'd call me two days after I returned the earbuds to the bose shop, no one called so 3 days later I called them and they said that they just received my earbuds and they kept saying that they can't do anything because of Bose's international policy but they said to call back on Monday. Fast forward to monday, they said a manager will call on tuesday to find a solution but *spoiler alert* no one called. I'm calling them today to see what their solution is. I'd also like to add that no one replied to my emails.

Just a reminder : I'm talking about customer support in Beirut, Lebanon

It's really a shame to treat paying and loyal customers like that

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi DankVader.EXE,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about your experience so far.  Please let us know how it works out for you. 

Tony G

DankVader.EXE
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Hello

I called today and they said they can't give me a new pair from their stock and they have to make me wait at least 2 weeks before a pair come in from their supplier, even though they were defective on purchase. I really need them now because my old earphones gave out.
Thank you for your help
DankVader.EXE
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Good day

Can anyone clarify to me Bose's exchange policy for items defective on purchase. I really feel like 240$ were stolen from me
DankVader.EXE
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

UPDATE :
After more than 20 days, your "customer service" told me that I could go get my earphones today, so I went to the shop and they didn't arrive yet and that they are with the driver. This was the final straw. I used to buy bose products without even looking at the competition but now for sure I'm never ever buying anything from you and I'll be sure to recommend other products to my friends and family. I get that Bose corporate is not directly related with our local dealer in Lebanon but they should ensure customer satisfaction standards worldwide.

Thank you for your time.