Highlighted
MaGo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

Delay of in-ear Headphones to Around & On-Ear Headphones

Dear Community, Dear Bose Team,

I consider to buy some new ANC in ear headphones. The QuietControl 30 are nice, but a bit pricy given the two year old technology. Therefore, I most likely would chose another brand, unless there is a new state-of-the-art product coming to the market soon. But this is a very personal decision which is debateable and therefore not my question.

I read on the board that some users are speculating about the release of the QietComfort 45 headphones as new flagship product to compete with the Sony WH-1000XM3. I am fully aware that you cannot share any details on product releases with us.

My question is how your product launch cycle has worked in previous product platforms. Did you first release the Around & On-Ear Headphones and with some delay the In-Ear version based on the new platform? If so, how many months has have passed between the release of the new Around & On-Ear Headphone and an upgrade to the in-ear headphone product category in your last product launch?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Delay of in-ear Headphones to Around & On-Ear Headphones

That sounds like an ultimatum.

Unless Bose has already announced a new product launch I doubt if they will give you any insight as to when a new headphone will be announced but I guess no harm in asking. In the meantime you can look up their past product launch dates and speculate. 

What new technology do the other brands have that bests Bose's current offering? 

Highlighted
MaGo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

Hi grmedhat,

thanks for your reply. I know that BOSE will not publish in this thread any insights into its upcoming product launches and I am not asking for it. I also do not argue that there is any superior in-the-ear headphone in the market. However, there are much cheaper products available from competitors which offer a comparable performance at a more attractive price level. The simple reason for this is that the BOSE product is rather aged with >2 years which is a long-time span in the fast moving consumer product markets. Simultanouesly, the price level of BOSE has not moved much since the launch, which speaks for the strong branding of the company.

You suggested that I could look up the dates of the past product launches, but I have not been able to find a database which provides me with this information. I am looking for the date of the launch of the last premium over-the-ear headphones and the subsequent launch date of the in-the-ear headphones. This would give me a feeling for  the next in-the-ear headphones launch once the over-the-ear product is announced.

Thank you.

Highlighted
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

A couple weeks ago I did a search looking for the age of my first Bose headphones and found this article in Wikipedia. Hope that helps somewhat.