azim_danial
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Device self-maintenance

Any recommendation on how to self-maintain the devices, i.e. how to clean the headband, earcups, how to dry it properly after exercise usage (sweat) or after short exposure to rain. If it is exposed to rain, which part to protect from water ingress? If suspected water ingress occur, what can I do? 

Also, when i use it for exercise, i realised that the cloth in the inner cup gets quite damp (gross i know), so could it damage the headphones? what can i do to dry it properly? The subject headphone is the QC35 series 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_SSC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Re: Device self-maintenance

Author Accepted Answer selected by azim_danial

As mentioned bags of silica gel in your case would help absorb that moisture or alternatively wipe it down when done using them

3 REPLIES 3
Andy_SSC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Hi azim

What you can do to preserve the life of your cushions is the following:

1) After long uses , let your headphones dry out before putting them back into your case. In addition wipe off any excess moisture with a cloth.

2) Bads of silica gel ( found in medicine containers) are great for pulling moiture away from your headphones as they are designed to absorb moisture.

Cheers hope this helps

azim_danial
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2018

how about the headbands? i realised that they do absorb some moisture..

Andy_SSC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by azim_danial

As mentioned bags of silica gel in your case would help absorb that moisture or alternatively wipe it down when done using them