Not applicable
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Disable stolen headphones

One of the nicest features I'd love to have is to disable stolen devices for good. I would pay for that warranty.

I'm really angry at the people that took my headphones and I feel really upset at Bose that I can not do anything at all.

Is there any way to promote this feature?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Disable stolen headphones

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear that your headset was stolen. Our engineers regularly monitor these threads and any suggestion for future updates will be considered.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

tuttoaposto
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Dear engineers who monitor these forums. My husband says I cannot buy another Bose headphone. I left a black backpack with my Bose in it  at Enterprise when I turned in my rental car. Ka-ching! $400 headphones for the people who clean the rental cars.

I did not lock my car at BJ's. Ka-ching! A thief opened my car door and took my second pair of $400 headphones.

Emboss each headphone, for a fee, with individual colors, patterns and/or sayings.

You have got to do something to deter theft of this electronic "free-cash" your buyers haul around with them.

I am out $800.

My husband is furious with me. I feel stupid.

Do you want your customers to feel sad and stupid when they think of your products? Do you want us to feel like victims?

I feel like I cannot have nice things. You are an engineer. Do something.

Hi tuttoaposto,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that, Unfortunately, there is no way to " lock down" or "disable" a headset. We will pass along your idea to our engineering department for possible future consideration.

Again, thank you for being a Bose customer and we are sorry that you lost your headphones.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support