Highlighted
Zed95
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

Drowned my Soundsport Free

accidentally forgot my earphones in my pants and put them in the washer. They were in the washer for about 25 mins. When I remembered about them, I pulled them out of the washer and they were on. I blew the water out of them and let them dry for a whole day. They can be powered up, but when I play music, both the earphones sound muffled and are beeping constantly. Is there anything I can do about this Bose? I purchased them about 2 months ago.
UPDATE I just powered them on and they do not play music anymore but I can still hear the prompt voice
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Drowned my Soundsport Free

Hi Zed95 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. That is awful to hear! Could I ask a few questions?

• Are you able to clear the headsets memory?
  • Can you still see them in the Bose Connect app?
  • Can you pair to them?

If you find that you can't do any of the above, the only other thing I can recommend is to reach out to your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Zed95
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

Yes, I am able to connect the earphones through the app, clear the headset memory as well and can pair them. But no sound music wise and mic is not working anymore as well.
Zed95
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

Update. After leaving the earphones to dry for two days, they are back to playing music, but the microphone in the right earpiece seems seems to be damaged. When in my ear, people cannot hear me when I’m talking. They can only hear me when I remove the earpiece and bring it to my mouth to talk. I have not tried to hard reset the earphones yet since it at this point seems to be an hardware issue

Hi Zed95,

Thanks for updating us. That would point to a hardware issue with the headphones. I would recommend contacting your local support team using the link previously provided.

Kindest Regards,

Tony G