TimoTitanium
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Re: EQ controls on the Bose Connect App?

the eq feature is missing very much. for digital and analog separately.
Wruschel
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

I can only support this request, especially for iOS.

I own a QC 35. Until recently I was using an Android device which has an inbuilt EQ that satisfied all my wishes. I am using spotify which allowed me to use the Android EQ.

Now I changed to an Apple device with iOS 11. Firstly, the EQ of iOS allows only for presets and does not let you manipulate the EQ. Secondly, the improvement of sound quality is very poor (in comparison to the Android EQ). Thirdly, iOS does not allow apps like spotify to access the iOS EQ because even music apps are run in a sandbox. Now, spotify has created an EQ in their app to make up for this deficit but this EQ is also very poor. There are some apps in the app store that claim to do a better job but they are either expensive without the possibility to test them or don't work with spotify. 

Please, please BOSE, make a good EQ (that works on iOS 11 with spotify). The QC 35 are the best head phones I've ever had, and I had many. It's a shame that I cannot use their full potential (anymore).

Richard Levy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Totally agree with that some tracks just need a little bit of enhancement in the top mids and bottom end it makes a big difference. I suppose that would be a drain on the headphones battery. What do you think Bose?
James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Bose is not known for putting bass and treble controls on their systems so I doubt they would add an eq to their app.

Richard Levy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Yes that’s right but a lot of people still use mp3’s. I have 1000’s of mp3’s that go back years and are of varying quality and some of them need a little boost. I don’t think Bose should assume everyone is using wavs or FLAC. Just saying.
azharpeer
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Hello,

any update on this? its a year since Customers have reported this issue 

Regards, 

Azhar

(bose soundsport free)

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi! 

Hope everyone is well. At this time, I have no update available. Thank you again for the great feedback! 

Have a great one,

Mohsin

ivan petrov
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

my 5 y.o zik parrot 1 has en eq built in the app. the eq settings are usable across all applications - spotify, youtube, you name it.
i will send my qc 35 back. no point for upgrade from zik for me. have fun!
McKenziejohn9
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2018

Technician at store told me with the Bose I could control the bass, and treble, that
Richard Levy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Any more info?