lethalgentleman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

EQ controls on the Bose Connect App?

I listen to music, watch movies and play games with my QC35's but these different scenarios desperately require me to use a different EQ setup.

I'm glad you guys finally added the feature to control the Noise Cancellation level from High, Low and Off—now please add an EQ feature to the Bose Connect.

Other premium headphone apps already allow for EQ adjustments so when is Bose going to catch up?

27 REPLIES 27
powerslave
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

Re: EQ controls on the Bose Connect App?

Also to be able to use full eq when not using ANC,i see the new Sony headphones have this feature now.

Ian

nat-h
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

That would be awesome but due to the architecture of IOS the eq would have to take place in the headphone and not in the app due to the way audio apps are sandboxes on IOS.

That is, none of the current Bose headphones seem to have this technology built in for both wired analog and digital Bluetooth input. And that's the only place IOS would let this happen ....or in individual music playback apps, not in the Bose app.   

Highlighted

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for all of the input and great questions and suggestions.  As you know, there is no EQ controlling capability through the Bose Connect App, however, I will pass this along to the development team.

We always appreciate and really value all of the feedback our customers give - please come back anytime with questions, comments, or concerns, we are always here to help!

Thanks again,

Shiloh_C

lethalgentleman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

Thanks Team and Shiloh.

Here's a photo of another headphone app with EQ controls to inspire your development team:

Screenshot 2017-09-06 11.52.43.png

nat-h
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

Doesn't work on IOS unless one uses the Sennheiser app to play the music.

Hey lethalgentleman!

Thanks so much for sharing this information - I will pass this along for you.

We really appreciate the feedback from our customers!

Thanks again,

Shiloh_C

jako800
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

I would love to see this feature added to the connect app.

Swapneel22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

Hi Shiloh_C,

Thanks for for responding to our requests.

I own a QC35 as well as a jaybird.

The Jaybird has a community forun created where anyone can publish their own eq settings & others can import them.

Thats one of the greatest features i have come across in recent times . Amused that a small company like Jaybird can create something so amazing!! & at the same time felt terrible that a giant like BOSE do not support eq’s.

BOSE, please add this feature in your future firmware release.

Thanks,
Swapneel

Hey Swapneel,

Than's a really interesting idea - I can see how that would be really useful.  I'll pass this info along to the team for you, thanks so much for taking the time to post.

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C