DKBOSEQC35
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2018

Re: EQ controls on the Bose Connect App?

I have owned my bose BC35 a littlw more than a year now. And they have been my most trusty companions since then. I use them fort music, movies, gaming and speaking on the phone.

They have barely been turned off simce i bought them but i have always felt like something was missing. I only just now realised that it was an equalizer.

I searched on google ” how to open up EQ IN Bose connect app” and it led me here.

I was vety disapointwd to find out that there were no equalizer.

Not only would it be good for the users but when you carry the same type of headphones as i do people wan’t to try them. And when they do they are very impressed. But then I get the question, is there an equalizer ?
To their suprise i have to say no. And that turns their thoughts around into, ”maybe these headphones are’nt worth the price.”

So by adding an equalizer not only satisflies your customers but Bose in general looks more developed and exclusive than other brands.
Richard Levy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

That’s right my headphones are great but that eq app would make them outstanding. Come on Bose before someone else makes one.
dcime
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Fact: The EQ option is NOT available due to the "Developed by Bose Factory EQ Psychoacoustic Sound" built in to Bose headphones. Psychoacoustics (the study of how the brain perceives sound) is an insanely complicated field. Altering Bose factory eq settings changes the Signature Sound developed by Bose and will inherently diminish overall sound quality. The natural sound reproduced from Bose tuning is clearly the best, unaltered in any way.
Wruschel
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Fact: Nobody wants to change any great sound feature.

An EQ in an app is nothing more than a couple of digital filters to boost some frequencies. Android can do it. Spotify is too lazy to put a decent EQ in their app for iOS.

I use it every day. Yes, some of the bass frequencies are enhanced by the Spotify EQ, others are not. Depending on the song you suddenly get an up and down of volume within the song which is very annoying. This is due to the bad programming of the EQ as its filters do not interpolate between frequencies adequately and seem to ignore deep basses. 

Again, as stated before: Android gives you an EQ that satisfies many needs. It takes the sound signal from the Spotify App and lets it pass through its filters. Only AFTER that my Bose headphones will apply their Psycho Sound Signature to enhance the sound even more (which you would expect for the hefty price).

What's the difference to iOS? It does not allow sound signals from one App to pass through another App as all Apps are run in sandbox mode. So any EQ App (even the iOS in-built music app) is useless because it can't communicate with Spotify, EXCEPT the Bose App. What I and others are asking for is the opportunity to counter Apple's ignorance and Spotify's laziness to fully appreciate the great product we bought.

Hulk72
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2018

Awesome product bought 2 pairs for me and the girl. You guys definitely need to get that eq. Also not to be a thief but the jabra active elite 65t app has some pretty cool options with the sound. Thanks again..
Richard Levy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Yes some tracks need a bit more top or bottom not all sound engineers mix things just right. Also it’s personal preference the choice to eq or leave flat should be up to the listener.
Elibenda
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

Not optimal but turns out iOS has a built in EQ..
Go to settings->music->EQ
https://www.macworld.com/article/2090554/tweak-your-ios-audio-with-eq-settings.html
cybernion
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

An equalizer would be a really useful feature.  I am hard-of-hearing, and an equalizer allows me to hear music and speech with the headphones without hearing aids (which effectively have equalization for my hearing built-in).  Hearing aids tend to whistle when the cans are placed over them.  I have installed equalizer apps on my audio sources where that is possible, but there are some sources where I can't do that, and a single app on the headphones would be univeral and more convenient.