Experiencing high-pitched tone in my head (tinnitus?) after single night of use...

Quiet Contributor

Re: Experiencing high-pitched tone in my head (tinnitus?) after single night of use...

Wow, the plot thickens. I was beginning to accept that my tinnitus was pure coincidence, but now I am seeing multiple reports of a defect that may have caused my symptoms: apparently, one of the earbuds can spontaneously play back high-pitched or other erractic noises that could be harmful to the ear.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/High-pitched-beeping-in-one-ear/td-p/133836

This user actually experienced tinnitus from the noise.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/High-pitched-beeping-in-one-ear/m-p/145078/highlight/true#M3...

My guess is that this defect could have manifested while I was asleep, and it rewired or damaged my hearing in some way. It's remarkable how a "wellness" product wasn't properly tested and, ironically, could harm the health of a user.

Silent Starter

Re: Experiencing high-pitched tone in my head (tinnitus?) after single night of use...

I suffer from moderate tinnitus, a steady ringing sound.  I bought these to help with my wife's snoring.  For the snoring, good.  But it does seem that after three nights use of Shower or Downstream at moderate volume my tinnitus is more pronounced.  In looking around the web I've found people arguing that for tinnitus sufferers any constant sound via ear buds throughout the night is a bad idea.  Frankly, I'm worried, and I'm angry with Bose for not adding a cautionary note to their product promotion.

Highlighted

Hello Megalith,

Because of the nature of your concerns and our inability to substantiate them through postings on a community page, we don't want to potentially create concern in other users.  We're going to close this thread and suggest that you contact our support team because we take your claims extremely seriously.  If you feel you are experiencing any medical issue, related or not, we strongly recommend contacting a qualified physician right away.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support